Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Article: Thursday's Minor League Round-up

  1. #1
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140

    Article: Thursday's Minor League Round-up


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Posts
    656
    Like
    7
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    1) Great article as always
    2) Go Twins!

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,235
    Like
    8
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    I'm starting to think Adam Walker has more power potential than Sano does. 12 is flat out ridiculous at this point in a short rookie season. He's a little older than the #1 prospect so that may be why. Excellent job Jeremy. I love the box score links.

  4. #4
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,510
    Like
    2,348
    Liked 294 Times in 165 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Another excellent round up and it is good to hear that Slama is back.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    557
    Like
    4
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Free Slama!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,786
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63
    The org roster and contracts is very nice! Thank you.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,119
    Like
    98
    Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    1) Great article as always
    2) Go Twins!
    I agree with everything you said here.

    Adam Walker does seem to be killing the ball. He'll be exciting to watch for a while. I could see him moving up quickly if cuts down on the strikeouts (small sample size, but 53K's in 182 PA).
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    318
    Like
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I always think back to my youth when I read descriptions of Rosario such as you posted today. Reminds me of a player who came up for the Braves when I was a kid. Came up as a second baseman with good speed who would go on to play outfield. He wasn't real tall with a slight build. His strength was his quick swing with incredible wrists. Sounds exactly like Rosario, doesn't it? The player I saw as a kid would go on to hit over 700 home runs. We can't expect Rosario to be that player, can we?

  9. #9
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    The player I saw as a kid would go on to hit over 700 home runs. We can't expect Rosario to be that player, can we?
    That might be some lofty and probably a little unrealistic expectations... I wouldn't 'expect' more than 600 HR for Rosario in his big league career!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    318
    Like
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    That might be some lofty and probably a little unrealistic expectations... I wouldn't 'expect' more than 600 HR for Rosario in his big league career!
    Yes, it is unrealistic to expect Rosario to become that player. But we can dream, can't we? And someday, some kid is going to become that player who will hit more home runs than Henry. Why can't it be Rosario?

    Now it is time to put the computer away, take a shower and go out and drink some wine!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    300
    Like
    0
    Liked 29 Times in 15 Posts
    Walker has a .311 OBP in the Appy League. That is horrible for a college player. It's a pretty disappointing debut and he has a ton of work to do if he's going to hold his own in low-A next year.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Posts
    434
    Like
    8
    Liked 20 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I'm starting to think Adam Walker has more power potential than Sano does. 12 is flat out ridiculous at this point in a short rookie season. He's a little older than the #1 prospect so that may be why. Excellent job Jeremy. I love the box score links.
    Walker is basically 2 years older than Sano, and actually his HR pace is still slightly behind what Sano's was at E-Town last year, as are his avg./obp/ops (Walker's only hitting around .250). Walker does have the power, but most everyone says Sano is the best power-hitting prospect in all the minors right now. Hard to make a case for him having more potential, but it is fun to see the high HR totals.
    Follow me on Twitter: @HangingSL
    Spring Training Regular since 2010.

  13. #13
    I love the round-up and the rosters/salaries. It's great to see all that roster information in one place. I particularly like the ages compared to the league average, the rule V eligibility info, and when/how each player was acquired. One question though - can an indicator or something be added for players currently on the 40 man roster? On your list, is everyone ineligible for rule V on the 40 man? If so, that would probably do it.

  14. #14
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssuperdave View Post
    One question though - can an indicator or something be added for players currently on the 40 man roster? On your list, is everyone ineligible for rule V on the 40 man? If so, that would probably do it.
    Guys on 40-man are listed as ineligible.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    249
    Like
    5
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Thanks Jeremy, your 'Big Board' is the coolest thing EVER!

    One question I have is, what did you use for your cut-off on 'old' or 'young' for the league? Did you consider having somewhat of a sliding scale to represent that 1.5 yrs younger at lo-A is much more important than 1.5 yrs at AAA?

    Really small point, but for the Beloit roster, you list: The average age of players in the MWL is 21.5 (late 1989) for batters and 21.9 (early 1990) for pitchers. Since the pitchers were older than the hitters, did you mean early 1989?

    Thanks again!

  16. #16
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by TRex View Post
    Thanks Jeremy, your 'Big Board' is the coolest thing EVER!

    One question I have is, what did you use for your cut-off on 'old' or 'young' for the league? Did you consider having somewhat of a sliding scale to represent that 1.5 yrs younger at lo-A is much more important than 1.5 yrs at AAA?

    Really small point, but for the Beloit roster, you list: The average age of players in the MWL is 21.5 (late 1989) for batters and 21.9 (early 1990) for pitchers. Since the pitchers were older than the hitters, did you mean early 1989?

    Thanks again!
    Thanks, I went +/- a year for old/young. There's probably some that you add either way, but I wanted people to be able to get a snapshot idea.

    I'll have to look at the Beloit tidbit. I credit computer guys, my brain goes crazy when looking at code for an extended period of time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.