Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Article: Minnesota Twins Roster & Payroll 2012

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ...and the Nishi experiment is officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    ...and the Nishi experiment is officially over.
    Pinto resigned

Minnesota Twins
    Signed:
    RHP Miguel Munoz (re-signed), LHP Edgar Ibarra (re-signed), C Josmil Pinto (re-signed)

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    The Twins also re-sign Jon Goncalves.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Now that 2012 is in the books, the page has been turned to 2013. You'll no longer find all of the 2012 salaries on this page (though a link to it should be available soon). I hope to weigh in with some opinions about how this roster could change over the next couple of months, but that would most likely be done with an article... not here.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    The Twins made their first moves geared towards 2013 by trimming the fat from their 40-man roster. Carlos Gutierrez was claimed by the Cubs. Matt Carson, PJ Walters, Esmerling Vasquez, Jeff Manship, Luis Perdomo and Kyle Waldrop were all outrighted off the roster. Most of those players should have the right to become free agents if they so choose. At this point, I've placed them in a new category called "Organizational Limbo". At some point, they'll either be removed or placed back on the AAA roster. My guess is they were at least given a spring training invite and that most (if not all) will remain in the organization. (The definition of "outrighting" a player can get tricky, so I'm going to wait to jump to any conclusions.)

Also, the pending free agents remain on the 40-man, though their removal will become a technicality within the next 10 days. After the three of them come off, the Twins will be at 32 players.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    After many attempts to update this table, I think it's right.

I took the guys out of "organizational limbo" and placed them all as Minor League Free Agents. I do believe that, technically, they need to elect to become free agents, but that's where they'll go for now.

The Twins re-signed a few more minor league FAs: Aaron Thompson, Shairon Martis and Wilkin Ramirez. They also signed Indy P Tom Boleska.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    P.J. Walters becomes the first official invitee to Spring Training. While it's interesting he's the only one known to have declined his assignment, I would assume that we may hear the other names when the list of minor-league free agents are announced.

Stay tuned.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Lots of action today:

Alexi Casilla waived and claimed by Baltimore. Casilla was expected to be non-tendered.

Sam Deduno was removed from the 40-man. He's been placed in the minor league free agents section, though there is some belief he will re-sign and get a ST invite.

The Twins added RP Josh Roenicke (out of options) and SS Tommy Field (two options remaining) to their 40-man. Both will make league minimum (or near) if they make the team. Roenicke appears headed for arbitration after this season.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Appreciate the updates JN!

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Sam Deduno and Esmerling Vasquez will be invited to Spring Training. The word is that the signings will be announced after they are "official".

Part of me wonders if that won't happen until after the Rule V draft. Obviously if the team was concerned about losing either guy, they wouldn't have sent them (unclaimed) through waivers last week.

But at the same time, the Twins once signed R.A. Dickey to a minor-league contract only to love him in the Rule V draft a few weeks later. They traded his rights (for a catcher named Jair Fernandez) and then signed Dickey the next off-season anyway.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    All of the guys that have signed minor league deals since the conclusion of the season have been put together in a "MiLB/ST invites?" section. The Twins will announce their Spring Training Invites later this winter and the players will be moved accordingly at that time, but for now this is where they will go.

I've also added the option details on Span's, Caroll's and Perkins's contracts.
    Last edited by Jeremy Nygaard; 11-16-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Updated to include a few minor league signings.

And since Baker signed with the Cubs, I've taken him off the list.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Updated to include all moves through Deolis Guerra. Was waiting for Butera confirmation one way or the other, but non-tendering Butera would have been big enough to call a presser... and there isn't going to be one at this time of night.

What are the chances I find Drew Butera in a 50% bin tomorrow at Target Field?

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Lots of big things today:

Vance Worley becomes the senior member of the starting rotation. Just a guess, but he'll probably make about $600K this year.

Trevor May was added to the 40-man in November, so he has all three options remaining.

Jared Burton signed an extension. I had him pegged for $2m this year, so I added $50K to the 2013 team salary.

(It's an underestimation - because not all contract renewals will be for the $490K minimum - but if the 16 empty spots are all filled with minimum salaries, the team is only committed to $71,130,000.)

I also added Ryan Pressly, Mark Sobolewski and Jason Lane.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Updated to include those signed to minor league deals with ST invites.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Updated.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 45 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe Vance Worley is at 1.152 and Mike Pelfrey 5.122 in service time.

I also wanted to say thanks for the great work and continuous updates. It's much appreciated.
    Last edited by JP3700; 12-16-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Liked 1,167 Times in 685 Posts
    Could someone post the link to the spreadsheet again? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JP3700 View Post
    I believe Vance Worley is at 1.152 and Mike Pelfrey 5.122 in service time.

I also wanted to say thanks for the great work and continuous updates. It's much appreciated.
    Hmmm.. WTF. Now it's fixed. Thanks for pointing that out.

Here's a link, but you can also find it on the home page in the blue ribbon (under the red ribbon up top) entitled "Roster and Payroll"

2013 Minnesota Twins Roster - Majors View - also keeping major league AND minor league roster updated here. I transfer the lower minor league guys over as I hear about their status. Joel
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast