Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52

Thread: Reusse: It's time to end the Twins glove affair with Nishioka

  1. #41
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,146
    Like
    378
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauerzy4Prez View Post
    That comment that I underlined and put in bold above is EXACTLY the comment that I read and was offended by. I am glad I wasn't the only person that took notice to it and decided to make a statement. As Dave just said, the overall rhetoric towards him is probably not coming from a place of hate or racism. But it only takes one stupid remark on here to set the tone. I get that some people may not have any experience being discriminated against, or have their character judged just because of the way they look. But some of us have, and I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

    I'm Mauerzy4Prez on the PC Party ticket, and I approved this message....



    ( I get where you're coming from, just couldn't resist the obvious shinebox takedown of the easily offended class)

  2. #42
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,623
    Like
    5
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    292
    Yeah, there's no need for all the racial descriptors being used here.

    If you want to refer to Japan because it's the league he used to play in, fine. Outside of that, I don't think his ethnicity or home country should really be a factor in the discussion. If those kinds of comments keep up we're going to have to start deleting them.

  3. #43
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,146
    Like
    378
    Liked 339 Times in 225 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Yeah, there's no need for all the racial descriptors being used here.

    If you want to refer to Japan because it's the league he used to play in, fine. Outside of that, I don't think his ethnicity or home country should really be a factor in the discussion. If those kinds of comments keep up we're going to have to start deleting them.
    Strongly agree.

  4. #44
    Senior Member Triple-A Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Posts
    468
    Like
    35
    Liked 56 Times in 33 Posts
    First, his defense is amazingly bad.

    Second, he did sting the ball several times in Cleveland. With a little luck he could have got out of there 3 for 10.

    Third, I love the photo in the Reusse article - Nishi looks like he a surrounded by soap bubbles. I think I've found my avatar

  5. #45
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    3,629
    Like
    850
    Liked 611 Times in 235 Posts
    Does that mean I can no longer refer to him as The Import?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  6. #46
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,623
    Like
    5
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Does that mean I can no longer refer to him as The Import?
    I don't know how anyone could be offended by something so general. Then again, I'm no expert on such matters as very few things offend me.

  7. #47
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    742
    Like
    87
    Liked 291 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    I don't know how anyone could be offended by something so general. Then again, I'm no expert on such matters as very few things offend me.
    Of course we could get confused about whether it refers to Morneau, Diamond, Casilla or others. Maybe even Tony O.

    Nice to see the other, more tasteless, comment was removed.
    Last edited by crarko; 08-09-2012 at 06:45 PM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    883
    Like
    109
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    An .800 OPS in Japan is like a .650 OPS in the states.
    not only can we look at the history of Asians coming over to the States and seeing their numbers drop but we also can look at the history of Americans going to Japan and dominating. There will be outliers with everything but any time Tuffy Rhodes nearly breaks the HR record you have to think the competition isn't quite what it is here.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    Nice to see the other, more tasteless, comment was removed.
    +1.

  10. #50
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer crarko's Avatar
    Posts
    742
    Like
    87
    Liked 291 Times in 156 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    not only can we look at the history of Asians coming over to the States and seeing their numbers drop but we also can look at the history of Americans going to Japan and dominating. There will be outliers with everything but any time Tuffy Rhodes nearly breaks the HR record you have to think the competition isn't quite what it is here.
    Though I always regretted that Sadaharu Oh never played a season or two over here. I understand he and Harmon had developed a mutual respect.

  11. #51
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,546
    Like
    85
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    25
    Bollinger is reporting that Nishioka will be at Target Field in uniform on Friday. He said that he doubts that he will be in the starting lineup. There is no certainty that Plouffe will be activated and he may be sent to the minors for a short rehab. Even if Plouffe is activated, it could be that the Twins send Manship or Perdomo to Rochester.

  12. #52
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    856
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I'll go a step further to note that a .700 OPS out of Hardy was more likely the floor than the ceiling, and we knew that back then as the guy broke an .800 OPS in the second half once his wrist got better... all while playing with elite defense.
    He's at .660 this year, and he finished the year before he joined the Twins at .659.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.