Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Tuesday Night Twins Minor League Report

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I keep expecting Gibson to pitch for the Miracle and then I see his name in the GCL box score

The update said that this was likely to be Gibson's last start in the GCL, which is a nice step forward. Slow and steady. Don't want any setbacks.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Don't want any setbacks, and they are given 30 days, so with such a young, higher ceiling prospect like Gibson, you do it the right way and progress slowly. I'm curious how his pitch counts will work once he moves up.

In the Rochester game, Thielbar actually came in and struck out the first batter and had the second batter at two strikes before giving up the hit.

Being a new listener to minor leagues games, I will have to say they are quite entertaining to listen to and watch through milb.com. Don't know if it is normal, but it seems to me that there are quite a few extra inning games that have been occuring in AAA over this season. A few timely hits, or timely pitches, would lessen these, but I guess when the Major club moves players around due to injury and performance so much, it is tough to get into a groove at any level of baseball.

Sorry for a minor correction, but in game 2 Hicks hit his 18th and 19th doubles, not home runs. I got really excited when I read he went from 12 homers in game one to 19 in game two!

I think the twins should call up Liam Hendriks, I know he has struggled in MLB but he seems to have mastered AAA. This would be a good year to let him learn how to get out major league hitters.

Quote Originally Posted by 2and31guy View Post
    In the Rochester game, Thielbar actually came in and struck out the first batter and had the second batter at two strikes before giving up the hit.

Being a new listener to minor leagues games, I will have to say they are quite entertaining to listen to and watch through milb.com. Don't know if it is normal, but it seems to me that there are quite a few extra inning games that have been occuring in AAA over this season. A few timely hits, or timely pitches, would lessen these, but I guess when the Major club moves players around due to injury and performance so much, it is tough to get into a groove at any level of baseball.
    That MiLB.TV really is a good deal. I had it for a month, but summer was coming and I just didn't have the time anymore. With playoffs coming up I might have to consider purchasing it again.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Why don't they move Pineda up to Eliz?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Why don't they move Pineda up to Eliz?
    I'm surprised they moved Buxton up rather than Pineda. Pineda should probably be moved up to Beloit.

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I'm surprised they moved Buxton up rather than Pineda. Pineda should probably be moved up to Beloit.
    a few things you have to consider in this. Really. Pineda lived a whole 5 months of his life in the US so far. I am not sure that he knows how to speak English yet. Throwing him to Beloit WI or (even worse) Elizabethton, TN might be a scarring experience... Really. You gotta think about that stuff too

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I'd agree with that with 16-17 year olds, but Pineda would have several other Spanish-speaking players in ET or Beloit.

I'm not worried about his age since he signed so late. They can push him more next spring if they choose. Not a big deal.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Either move involves possibly hurt feelings and eyebrows (and second-guessing questions raised). Age-wise, Pineda should move, but playing the same position, this thing will all work itself out by itself next season.

Question? Do either or both of these guys play fall/winter ball?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Question? Do either or both of these guys play fall/winter ball?
    They likely will both go to the Twins Instructional League. Buxton won't play winter ball. Pineda could play in the DWL a little bit, maybe.

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd agree with that with 16-17 year olds, but Pineda would have several other Spanish-speaking players in ET or Beloit..
    Seth, it's not the language. It is the culture. And if you don't believe me ask any Twins' dominican prospect who made it about that.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Seth, it's not the language. It is the culture. And if you don't believe me ask any Twins' dominican prospect who made it about that.
    That'll always be an issue until it's done... But again, there are other Dominicans on these other teams to help.