Choo RF
    Santana DH
    Brantley CF
    Duncan LF
    Marson C
    Kotchman 1B
    Lillibridge 3B
    (Masterson P)

Not sure if I should hope for another Nishi o-fer...at least then he'll play himself out of the bigs quicker.

Bringing back Carl Pavano and Capps

I don't mean to go off-topic, but I haven't heard anyone raise this question yet, and certainly Bert and Dick in the booth aren't going to raise it...of what value is it to try to bring back Carl Pavano and Matt Capps for the remainder of the season. Neither will be with us next year and they will only take valuable starts/appearances away from pitchers we know we will want to look at next season. We certainly don't owe either of them anything in terms of helping them get a better contract offer over the off-season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Seriously, Dick, why would he get first base if he struck out when the ball hit him? Never in my life have I seen a catcher pick up the ball after it hit the batter and throw to first base to record an out.

I think it's debatable whether Span swung or not but the ruling isn't exactly debatable.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 470 Times in 307 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice start Duensing! Shake it off and throw some zeroes!

So is it safe to say if the Twins sweep the Indians in Cleveland, they will win the World Series? Last time the Twins swept Cleveland in Cleveland was '91...seem logical to me.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RickSchuette View Post
    I don't mean to go off-topic, but I haven't heard anyone raise this question yet, and certainly Bert and Dick in the booth aren't going to raise it...of what value is it to try to bring back Carl Pavano and Matt Capps for the remainder of the season. Neither will be with us next year and they will only take valuable starts/appearances away from pitchers we know we will want to look at next season. We certainly don't owe either of them anything in terms of helping them get a better contract offer over the off-season.
    Like strangely using Brian Duensing in the starting rotation now when there's no way in hell any sane manager would do that next year?

I don't know if there's any player I've ever despised as much as Nishioka.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    I guess the good news is that he may play himself out of the lineup defensively before he does offensively. This three game stretch has been some of the absolute worst baseball I've ever seen in my entire life (from Nishi, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post

I take that back. If the Twins were contending I'd hate him. As it is now he's kind of comical.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Is Nishi super nervous or horrible or both? Never in my life have I seen a major leaguer play defense like a tee-baller.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Duensing in the rotation

I doubt that Duensing is in their plans for the rotation next season. But finishing the season as a starter would improve his trade value over the off-season. That ship has sailed with Pavano...and Capps for that matter. Let Duensing and Blackburn try to get some sink back on their pitches and lower their ERA. They both know they're doubtful as far as staying in the rotation next year. Let them pitch their way off the bubble, either for the Twins or another team. Pavano will need three MLB starts just to stretch himself out to 6 innings. What value does that add to the Twins over the final six weeks of his contract?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ugh. Nishi, you're killing us.

Duensing is essentially worthless if he can't even get lefties out.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    I'm sorry but Duensing's ship has sailed as well. He can't get anyone out any more.

Nishi caught a throw!!!!!

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know the Twins are at the bottom of the barrel for starts, but is there really no one else that can come up and take either Blackburn or Duensing's place in the rotation.

I have a feeling that Blackburn will retain a spot as a starter just based on stubborn management refusing to cut him just based on the amount of cash he's making. Meh, the Twins won't contend next year at any rate, and if they are contending at any point, Blackburn will probably be having a decent year anyway.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,476 Times in 773 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    I know the Twins are at the bottom of the barrel for starts, but is there really no one else that can come up and take either Blackburn or Duensing's place in the rotation.
    Cuellar better be working some serious black voodoo magic with Hendriks down in Rochester for him not to be on the Twins roster at this point.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast