Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Playoffs

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Playoffs

I don't know about the rest of you, but the two teams that aren't the Twins that I want to clinch a Wild Card spot are the A's and the Pirates (not that I don't want the Twins to go on some improbable streak and somehow clinch the spot for themselves). I want the A's to win to show the Angels that buying the top two free agents in the offseason isn't always the formula for winning, and I want the Pirates to clinch a spot because I don't think they have while I have been alive.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd love to see the A's go all the way, just to listen to the "Beane can't win in the playoffs" trolls eat their words.

And the Pirates are a great story. It's hard not to cheer them on.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm cheering for the A's, always have and will love ole Billy.

Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    Agreed with everything here. The Pirates have come a long way and I would love to see them get deep in the playoffs.

The A's have been a huge surprise, but that's always what people say when they put together a team. I can't help but cheer for small market teams though.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Twitter
    @crarko
    Liked 776 Times in 408 Posts
    They're both good choices. I'll offer up a little love for the Nationals and Orioles, too.

Liked 140 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crarko View Post
    They're both good choices. I'll offer up a little love for the Nationals and Orioles, too.
    Also good choices. I think I just enjoy seeing new teams in the playoffs in general. Except the Twins. I always enjoy when they get into the playoffs, even if they don't end up doing very well.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Angels in the playoffs because it means watching Mike Trout play more and Jered Weaver dominate with a 90MPH fastball. I can get behind any underdog/surprising story, though: Orioles, Rays, A's, Pirates, Reds, Nats.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm on board. Where's the best Pirates/A's bar in town?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know that I will be torched for this, but it will be fun to watch the White Sox in the playoffs this year. A.J., Liriano, Konerko, Sales...

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,588 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nokomismod View Post
    I know that I will be torched for this, but it will be fun to watch the White Sox in the playoffs this year. A.J., Liriano, Konerko, Sales...
    I hope they meet the Rangers in the playoffs and Nolan Ryan comes down from his box just to punch Ventura in the head a few times.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    I hope they meet the Rangers in the playoffs and Nolan Ryan comes down from his box just to punch Ventura in the head a few times.
    That is so good. I wish there was audio of that. I envision Nolan speaking/scolding with every punch. Did you....really think....you could....charge my mound...and....not....get...the....crap....beat... ..out of you?

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the Pirates are a great story. Sorry, I cannot root for a team who was the major competition of the Twins when the Twins were really good. I strongly feel that the A's of LaRussa & Co cheated the Twins of titles and I just cannot find the heart to root for them. As long as the Twins are not in it, I will be rooting for National League all the way and teams outside the Central for reaching the World Series.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98