Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Colabello

Colabello

Does anyone know anything about Colabello at New Britain? I know he is older (28 I think) and was signed out of Indy ball. Has anyone seen him play?

I saw him play against Bowie last week. He hit a long homerun to centerfield on a night when the ball wasn't carrying much. He clearly has some pop in his bat, but he hits right-handed and didn't strike me as a particularly strong defensive first baseman. Though, in fairness, the entire New Britain infield had a pretty awful night, even noted glovesmiths like James Beresford. Maybe it was the long busride.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Saw him last Spring Training in a few minor league games. He reminds me a lot (even looks) of Jorge Posada, but a Jorge Posada in his mid 30s - when his bat slowed a bit... (and this is a compliment, btw) Suited mostly for a DH. Not much range to get to balls hit his way or to try to avoid errors on air-mailed balls but would not make too many errors on 1B. Not a prospect. Organizational guy who might get a call up under the right circumstances at some point (heck, Tommy Watkins made it to the majors)
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Deserves some HUGE kudos for coming out of nowhere & being an outstanding AA player. Some scouts really screwed up on him.
    Imagine he'll be the AAA 1B next yr (didnt say ROC tho), & could get a promotion if he continues like this (would be great story)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind seeing him get a chance with the big club some day. Problem of course is that there just isn't really a spot for him