Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Return of Nishi

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    I'm worried that Nishi's second hand smoke may affect our younger Players.
    Last edited by Highabove; 08-06-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 810 Times in 517 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jctwins View Post
    They'll have to pay out the contract - somewhere between between ML min and $1mm/yr. But it's better than the complete waste of cash that they have now.
    Likely. I was responding to the previous poster who suggested that Ryan might find a trade partner for Nishi. It's difficult to fathom that any club would have any interest, unless there's a squad out there that is indifferent to horrendous middle infield defense and is trying to build up their fan base in Japan.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    This must be a business decision. Why not just call up Escobar now?
    Escobar needs to play for a month since he's been rottin on the White Sox bench. I'm good with Nishioka coming up again and seeing what he can do, if he's been able to make any improvements.

As for longer term, they Twins may time putting the likes of Carroll and Casilla on waivers until Plouffe is back.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Escobar needs to play for a month since he's been rottin on the White Sox bench. I'm good with Nishioka coming up again and seeing what he can do, if he's been able to make any improvements.

As for longer term, they Twins may time putting the likes of Carroll and Casilla on waivers until Plouffe is back.
    While I agree, Nishi has nowhere to go but up as he can't be any worse than he showed last year. Having said that, I have yet to hear from anyone other than a random poster or two, and the month of July when his BA wasn't hovering at the Mendoza line, that he has made enough progress to make claims to progressing on a path to inviting more consideration that he is a legitimate major leaguer. Oh well, at least we're likely soon due for some entertaining moments in August that will be eminently nominatable for ESPN's "Not The Top Ten".

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe they'll give him the Valencia treatment, play him for a ten days, and then send him through waivers and dump him for a rookie league player

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 483 Times in 317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    Maybe they'll give him the Valencia treatment, play him for a ten days, and then send him through waivers and dump him for a rookie league player
    If only they could!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    They'll have to pay out the contract - somewhere between between ML min and $1mm/yr. But it's better than the complete waste of cash that they have now.
    Even if he retires at the end of the season?

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 169 Times in 79 Posts
    Likely. I was responding to the previous poster who suggested that Ryan might find a trade partner for Nishi. It's difficult to fathom that any club would have any interest, unless there's a squad out there that is indifferent to horrendous middle infield defense and is trying to build up their fan base in Japan.
    The Mariners?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    ...and he's still horrible.....
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    While I agree, Nishi has nowhere to go but up as he can't be any worse than he showed last year. Having said that, I have yet to hear from anyone other than a random poster or two, and the month of July when his BA wasn't hovering at the Mendoza line, that he has made enough progress to make claims to progressing on a path to inviting more consideration that he is a legitimate major leaguer. Oh well, at least we're likely soon due for some entertaining moments in August that will be eminently nominatable for ESPN's "Not The Top Ten".
    Wow, talk about Instant Gratification. A Twins blowout and not one, not two, but three NNTTTs in his 2012 debut. [Nishi Not The Top Ten]

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    "The Mariners? "

Yup. But after tonight, Nishi could be the direct heir to the Emperor's Chrysanthemum Throne and there's still absolutely no chance that Jack Zduriencik would touch him with a ten foot pole.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    I know it's one game, all I can say is WOW. He was plain horrible tonight.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
    Epic.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts
    I couldn't believe dickbert gushing over his swing tonight, that is one of the dumbest swings I have seen in a while.

This kid has no hope.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I couldn't believe dickbert gushing over his swing tonight, that is one of the dumbest swings I have seen in a while.

This kid has no hope.
    To be fair, the gushing stopped on Jamey Caroll's "error". Bert started to excuse Nishi, but reversed course during the replay and lit into Nishioka pretty good.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 483 Times in 317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If possible, Nishioka managed to drive his stock down. Is there a worse healthy player on any team's 40-man roster?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    0-5 and two errors on a night when everyone was hitting. I would have given him a 3rd error on his failure to catch Caroll's throw. I would sit him and wait for Plouffe to come back.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    0-5 and two errors on a night when everyone was hitting. I would have given him a 3rd error on his failure to catch Caroll's throw. I would sit him and wait for Plouffe to come back.
    Nishi's here to play. Gardy said it.

Liked 1,590 Times in 793 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nishi's here to play. Gardy said it.
    The only sane motive for this must be to embarrass Nish into accepting a lowball 2013 buyout.

0 for 10 and counting. I see some hope, though, that he may reach base on a fielder's choice or hit-by-pitch today. He looks due!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast