New Britain vs Bowie 10:05 AM
    Link
    NBR: TBD vs. BOW: Pettit (7-3, 4.32)

Fort Myers vs Daytona 6:05 PM
    Link
    FTM: Dean (6-7, 3.91) vs. DAY: TBD

Kane County vs Beloit 7:05 PM
    Link
    KC: Smith (1-1, 3.74) vs. BEL: Jones (2-3, 4.78)

Burlington vs Elizabethton 6:05 PM
    Link
    BUR: Hernandez (2-0, 2.70) vs. ELZ: Boyd (2-4, 2.15)

GCL Orioles GCL Twins
    Link

DSL Rockies vs DSL Twins
    Link

Not a very good night.

Parmelee homered for Rochester

Good start for Hendricks

Hick is in a bit of a slump

Does what Parmelee has done over the last year or so elevate his status? He is destroying AAA. Walking. Not striking out. Hitting a HR every 13 ABs. Even looking at his body of work (young for several levels, lots of power in difficult hitting environments) it could be surmised that maybe he's got a brighter future than many expected going into this season.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shores, Esq View Post
    Does what Parmelee has done over the last year or so elevate his status? He is destroying AAA. Walking. Not striking out. Hitting a HR every 13 ABs. Even looking at his body of work (young for several levels, lots of power in difficult hitting environments) it could be surmised that maybe he's got a brighter future than many expected going into this season.
    It wasn't too long ago when Parmelee was considered a very high ceiling prospect by the Twins and other scouts. He might just be having a break-out like Plouffe did last year. I wish we could see some consistent playing time for him with the Twins. I'm not sure if he is a 900+ OPS guy, but he's sure making a case for himself right now. Its really too bad he didn't stick in the OF... but there were reports that he has a very nice glove at 1b.

If there's an open spot in RF than they should give Parmelee most of the at bats next season.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 744 Times in 460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shores, Esq View Post

Parm was a first round pick with a Morneau type ceiling when he was drafted. He didn't get the results early on. It was well documented that the Twins spent a couple of years tweaking his swing, because as he developed he was looking more like a Rob Deer type guy that could hit 30 home runs but bat .220-.240. That resulted in higher averages, but very little power for a couple of seasons. The power really started coming back last year in AA, and it seems to be for real. I don't get why people are down on him. He's 24, and putting up an absolutely ridiculous line in AAA after doing the same thing the second half of the season in AA in 2011 and last September in MLB. He obviously struggled a bit in Minnesota when he came up this spring, but to write the guy off at this point is kind of foolish. He's looking more and more like a cleanup hitter. I'm looking forward to seeing Parm and Arcia hitting 4/5 in our lineups a couple years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Parm was a first round pick with a Morneau type ceiling when he was drafted. He didn't get the results early on. It was well documented that the Twins spent a couple of years tweaking his swing, because as he developed he was looking more like a Rob Deer type guy that could hit 30 home runs but bat .220-.240. That resulted in higher averages, but very little power for a couple of seasons. The power really started coming back last year in AA, and it seems to be for real. I don't get why people are down on him. He's 24, and putting up an absolutely ridiculous line in AAA after doing the same thing the second half of the season in AA in 2011 and last September in MLB. He obviously struggled a bit in Minnesota when he came up this spring, but to write the guy off at this point is kind of foolish. He's looking more and more like a cleanup hitter. I'm looking forward to seeing Parm and Arcia hitting 4/5 in our lineups a couple years from now.
    I'm with you. He hit 16 HRs in the FSL as a 21 year old. Sometimes the FSL doesn't even have a guy with 20 HRs, much less frequently by a 21 yo. I can't recall whether that was before or after the swing tweaks.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 483 Times in 317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think that Parmelee has increased his value in the last 12 months. He had really good success with the Twins for his September call-up, then impressed in ST enough to make the team, while he didn't hit much for the Twins, he has raked for the Red Wings. As far as playing him in right field, I don't that should be ruled out. It just shows to me that Morneau or Span should be moved before Opening Day 2013.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    It wasn't too long ago when Parmelee was considered a very high ceiling prospect by the Twins and other scouts. He might just be having a break-out like Plouffe did last year. I wish we could see some consistent playing time for him with the Twins. I'm not sure if he is a 900+ OPS guy, but he's sure making a case for himself right now. Its really too bad he didn't stick in the OF... but there were reports that he has a very nice glove at 1b.
    I don't know about this, but could be an OK stick at a corner.
    Papers...business papers.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    I don't know about this, but could be an OK stick at a corner.
    Last year or the year before someone said he had the best glove at 1b in the system. That doesn't mean he'll win a gold glove, but it gives me hope that he'll at least be a plus defender.