Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins vs Red Sox, 08-05-2012, 12:35pm

I do agree with Dick and Bert about one thing....some of those pickoff attempts by Morales are obvious balks.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Blackburn hasn't looked half bad again. Hopefully he can get his 3rd QS in his 4 starts since coming back.

Liked 1,191 Times in 694 Posts
    Anybody surprised by that one?

I doubt it.

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Blackburn hasn't looked half bad again. Hopefully he can get his 3rd QS in his 4 starts since coming back.
    You were saying, Dave?

Blackburn looks like doo, as usual. He was extremely lucky to get into the 5th having given up only 2 runs.

4 runs thru 5 innings gives ya a 7.20 ERA. Thats Nick Blackburn in a nutshell.
    But he's pitching outstanding......per Bert/Smelly

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,240 Times in 493 Posts
    Blackburn hasn't looked half bad again.
    You're right, he's looked closer to full bad.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    You were saying, Dave?

Blackburn looks like doo, as usual. He was extremely lucky to get into the 5th having given up only 2 runs.
    He hasn't made that many bad pitches and at least since coming backs looks like he could contribute as a 5th/6th pitcher next season. (instead of dumping the 5.5 million)

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    He hasn't made that many bad pitches and at least since coming backs looks like he could contribute as a 5th/6th pitcher next season. (instead of dumping the 5.5 million)
    Yeah...I really want no part of a 2013 Twins rotation that includes Nick Blackburn.

Contribute what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by etspaceman View Post
    Contribute what exactly?
    Depth, the potential to fill in as a #5 guy instead of taking guys like Duensing out of the pen to fill in. Hell you can even live with his 4.49 ERA from 2011 as a #5.

Ideally the Twins have 5 superior pitchers at the start of 2013, just hope that when the time comes Blackburn can at least contribute a 4.50 ERA or so.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Dave, I'm not going to lie. Your apparent "love" for Blackburn is more baffling to me than Dan's irrational hatred of Mauer.

Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    Dave, I'm not going to lie. Your apparent "love" for Blackburn is more baffling to me than Dan's irrational hatred of Mauer.
    Gotta stick with my fellow Okies.

Revere's arm is so freaking bad.

Blackie sure has turned the corner in his 4 starts since the return 15er in 24 IP for a 5.63ERA. About what he's been for the past THREE years

Depth, the potential to fill in as a #5 guy instead of taking guys like Duensing out of the pen to fill in. Hell you can even live with his 4.49 ERA from 2011 as a #5.

Ideally the Twins have 5 superior pitchers at the start of 2013, just hope that when the time comes Blackburn can at least contribute a 4.50 ERA or so.
    Im fine with Blackie contributing depth to next yrs team as a 4/5 starter.......in AAA only that is

What do his stats from a year ago have anything to do with what you're arguing (that he looks good enough right now to be a 5th/6th starter)? His start today was a 7.20 ERA, which is right around how he's performed all year.

He provides depth? Everyone on the roster provides depth. If he qualified, he'd have the worst ERA in the majors right now. You can't seriously tell me that he actually has value as a starter based on his recent performances.
    Last edited by etspaceman; 08-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Blackie sure has turned the corner in his 4 starts since the return 15er in 24 IP for a 5.63ERA. About what he's been for the past THREE years
    2 very good starts
    1 bad start (today)
    1 horrendous start

Who else does that remind me of..hmm..

Liked 1,191 Times in 694 Posts
    Nishioka. Well, this should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by etspaceman View Post
    What do his stats from a year ago have anything to do with what you're arguing (that he looks good enough right now to be a 5th/6th starter)? His start today was a 7.20 ERA, which is right around how he's performed all year.

He provides depth? Everyone on the roster provides depth. If he qualified, he'd have the worst ERA in the majors right now. You can't seriously tell me that he actually has value as a starter based on his recent performances.
    First of all when I posted the orginal post he was in the 5th inning with only 2 runs given up, I noted that it would be nice if he could get his 3rd QS in 4 starts since being recalled, I thought maybe he had turned a bit of a corner as he had a couple nice starts since then.

More than likely he didn't turn a corner and will continue to be the suck, however it would be nice if he could get back to his old ways and become a decent #5 again. The money is already owed to him next year anyways, I'd rather they avoid brining in the next Marquis, Livan to fill out the rotation in 2013.

Ideally though the Twins have 5 superior options to start the season with.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Gotta stick with my fellow Okies.

Gardy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast