Liked 1,593 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I found it, no worries.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    chinga its a futbol fan complainin ...must be a slow news day

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Ha, did those yellow-toothed morons realize they brought more publicity to the rip-off song by coming here? I'd never heard of it and likely would never have even bothered opening up a link to see it if they hadn't gotten their knickers in a bunch.

Anyone check out the Leeds website to see if they've tried to get a "We're going to win Leeds" song started? Or do they just use a grocery store bulliten board as their community forum?

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 206 Times in 115 Posts
    If this was my favorite team's anthem, I'd leave it in the front yard with a sign marked "Free, or do I have to pay you take it?"

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    If this was my favorite team's anthem, I'd leave it in the front yard with a sign marked "Free, or do I have to pay you take it?"
    That's pretty much how I feel about it.

Why on earth would anybody think it's okay to change the "Win Twins" song in the first place? That thing is so awesomely corny and 1960s-ish that it should stick around forever.

And it certainly shouldn't be replaced with a song we jacked from a Leeds football club. That is the very definition of weak. WTF, Springboard guy. WTF. I can't express the amount of facepalm that guy deserves right now.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 485 Times in 234 Posts
    You didn't have to delete everything they posted. For instance, I thought their tits thread had some value.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    I wanted it to appear as if they were never here. Letting them disrupt the board in any fashion only encourages the bastards.

Liked 1,286 Times in 743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    I wanted it to appear as if they were never here. Letting them disrupt the board in any fashion only encourages the bastards.
    Thank you for taking out the trash. Didn't know that Friday was garbage day!

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 815 Times in 515 Posts
    Blog Entries
    oh crap, this was the wrong time to go inactive due to being busy.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Are the shortcuts to latest comments from the home page and 'what's new' list ever going to work again? Makes navigation a problem.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Are the shortcuts to latest comments from the home page and 'what's new' list ever going to work again? Makes navigation a problem.
    What browser are you using? Also, clear your browser cache. The latest comments and What's New? work fine for me.

Doesn't take me to the comment section on some links like:

Your most recent post to
    Twins To Sign RHP Kevin Correia in Twins
    and below is the "see more" link to the comment section.

Upon clicking the link, it takes me to the story, but only one comment, not the hundreds? of comments that actually exist. This appears to be the problem with any story that is on the home page/front page. I've heard others with the same issue. Don't think it's a cache problem as other links in forums work when "see more" links are clicked. If it's just me, I'll just deal with it. Thanks for your effort.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't take me to the comment section on some links like:

Your most recent post to
    Twins To Sign RHP Kevin Correia in Twins
    and below is the "see more" link to the comment section.

Upon clicking the link, it takes me to the story, but only one comment, not the hundreds? of comments that actually exist. This appears to be the problem with any story that is on the home page/front page. I've heard others with the same issue. Don't think it's a cache problem as other links in forums work when "see more" links are clicked. If it's just me, I'll just deal with it. Thanks for your effort.
    No, it's definitely not only you. I've heard other complaints about it but I can't get it to replicate unless I log out of the site. Is that what's happening to you? Are you logged out when you don't see the comments?

I don't think it's an acceptable problem either way, just trying to narrow down the issue here.

No, I'm always logged in. Running up-to-date Safari browser.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Me too
    I made FANTASTIC Comments and I can't re-read them and pat myself on the back.
    Running an intentionally out of date Firefox browser and logged in.
    It also replicated on my mobile which is the standard browser that comes with an Android phone.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,303 Times in 1,753 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm logged in, and using Firefox. If I click on Twins Daily - Kevin Correia And The Twins Face Obstacles I get 1 comment (Seth's). Same if I use IE. Same if I clear the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    I'm logged in, and using Firefox. If I click on Twins Daily - Kevin Correia And The Twins Face Obstacles I get 1 comment (Seth's). Same if I use IE. Same if I clear the cache.
    Yep, it has to do with stories/blogs/whatever on the home page. Clicking "comments" right from the home page story does the same. Poo.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Time to dust off the ol' debugging accounts and start testing situations. I can't get get the error to replicate unless I'm logged out and I'm using Safari, FF, Chrome, and Opera.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Time to dust off the ol' debugging accounts and start testing situations. I can't get get the error to replicate unless I'm logged out and I'm using Safari, FF, Chrome, and Opera.
    Booo you are just like my developer at work. He never tests with IE and when it has problems he says "who the hell still uses IE?"

My answer...OUR CUSTOMERS

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Booo you are just like my developer at work. He never tests with IE and when it has problems he says "who the hell still uses IE?"

My answer...OUR CUSTOMERS
    IE is a piece of ****. It's awful. I'd test it but on my current machine, I don't have Windows installed. Formatted a few months back and didn't reinstall VirtualBox with Windows. I'll get around to it someday.

Next revision of TD is going to drop support for IE8. I've been writing around that piece of **** for a half decade now. I've had enough of it. Microsoft browsers are truly the worst. There's no excuse for using them unless you're forced to do it by an incompetent IT department at work.

When I write a website, a good 20% of my time is spend re-writing pieces of it to work in IE. Virtually 0% of that time is spent doing the same for Chrome. Maybe 1-2% is spent doing the same for Firefox. One-freakin-fifth of my time. For ONE browser.

Don't use IE, folks. It's terrible. It's really the absolute biggest piece of junk on the market. Even IE9. While it's much better than its predecessors, it's still at least 18 months behind Chrome and Firefox.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast