Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Lester Oliveros out for the rest of the season with elbow issues

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lester Oliveros out for the rest of the season with elbow issues

They say that he "just has bone chips" on his pitching elbow, which need surgery to be removed. Hope it is just that and he has a quick recovery.

Another elbow issue in the organization.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Amputate it!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 20 Times in 10 Posts
    I predict he will need Tommy John, labrum and rotator cuff surgery and will miss the next 17 seasons.
    Papers...business papers.

Member Single-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing everyone will say it's Terry Ryans fault and the whole front office should be gone.

We need to have our guys stop throwing, so that they never injure their elbows anymore. Can you have a pitching machine on the mound? Would that be better than or equal to our starters right now?
    Better looking with the lights out.

He's been dealing with this since the first time he was on the DL. Can pitch with bone chips, but whats the use, get it fixed ASAP.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 337 Times in 214 Posts
    Hope the guy who did Joe Nathan's surgery isn't working this one. Wasn't it cleaning out his bone chips and bone spurs what caused his tendon to become detached?

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Hope the guy who did Joe Nathan's surgery isn't working this one. Wasn't it cleaning out his bone chips and bone spurs what caused his tendon to become detached?
    something like that... he had the procedure done in teh offseason and tore his UCL right away in spring training.

I've read that bone chips can be a factor for eventual TJ surgery, so knowing the Twins, he'll be in line for TJ surgery in June or so.

Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    something like that... he had the procedure done in teh offseason and tore his UCL right away in spring training.

I've read that bone chips can be a factor for eventual TJ surgery, so knowing the Twins, he'll be in line for TJ surgery in June or so.
    have been doin some research since I read your post......some definately think they are linked. Hope for the best with him, I guess.