View Poll Results: Who will finish 3rdd in the AL Central this year?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Royals

10 37.04%
  • Twins

14 51.85%
  • White Sox

3 11.11%

Thread: 2012 AL Central Standings - Part 3

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries

2012 AL Central Standings - Part 3

The Indians edged out the Twins for second place in yesterday's poll, so let's hear who you think will win 3rd place (especially given Justin's quotes today). As usual, feel free to add a comment with your reasoning.

Liked 321 Times in 191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Has to be the Twins... they should had been highter
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I thought KC for 2nd, so I have to go back to them for 3rd, especially given the gloomy Morneau news.

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I like the Royals quite a bit better than the Indians that won 2nd place in our poll yesterday, but I'm going with the Twins. I just think the Royals starting pitching is going to get in their way.

KC. The White Sox will be even more of a mess than the Twins but it's time for KC's prospects to start paying off

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins. They have seemingly improved their defense from last year, which was the major reason (besides health) that the twins lost so many games last year.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think the White Sox are completely unsure of what they are even doing, so I'm envisioning the cellar. They seem to be building for the future by trading Quentin and letting Buehrle go. Yet they dump a young, cheap Santos which seems contradictory. I would like to think the Twins can still out pitch the Royals at this point for 3rd place.

I think the Twins get 2nd, but for the sake of the thread, I'll take them for 3rd. Royals are still a year or 2 away, IMO.

Member Single-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't see the Twins doing any worse than .500 (unless they have horrendous luck again). Still some growing pains ahead for KC, though they'll be closer to break-even than last year. The White Sox bring up the rear.

I'll take the Royals here because their prospects intrigue me more than anything going on with the Twins right now.

i'm taking the Twins, a small bump up from last year, but not contenders. KC pitching is suspect and in Chicago everything is suspect.

I picked the Twins for 2nd so naturally they get my vote.