Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: State Of The Community Update

You Guys are THE BEST! Congrats on a great site, and thanks for all of the work you have done - Aaron and John - podcasts are a real highlight! I know I need to get to Seth's podcasts, too - all in good time.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    It's a fine line to walk, to be sure. We don't want to ban fun, but we also understand that some valuable voices can be scared off by a hostile tone in threads. Believe me, this has been a hot internal discussion lately.
    maybe im missing it, but I havent noticed hostile/heated discussions, just different points of view where neither poster wants to budge off their opinion/view.
    Know there are occassions where...for ex...I may have a more extreme view of something than others, but other topics will be the exact opposite and that having a heated but civil discussion isnt viewed as hostile and scares others off.
    I personally stick a lil more to minor leagues & maybe Ive missed some of the more heated threads.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    maybe im missing it, but I havent noticed hostile/heated discussions, just different points of view where neither poster wants to budge off their opinion/view.
    Know there are occassions where...for ex...I may have a more extreme view of something than others, but other topics will be the exact opposite and that having a heated but civil discussion isnt viewed as hostile and scares others off.
    I personally stick a lil more to minor leagues & maybe Ive missed some of the more heated threads.
    There are digs made at people that you may personally agree with so you do not notice that others will be turned off by them. There are many interesting different points of view here, but there are some that will make me think why am I reading on this board. A point can be made without the personal dig.
    Every now and then someone throws in politics of the non baseball type. That turns me off quicker than anything. This should be a forum to escape that.
    I do like nearly all of what you post.

Been on this site for a couple of months, and just registered today. Love the daily minor leauge updates. Great job.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
    I followed Seth over here from SethSpeaks and appreciate all the good in-depth baseball info. on both the major and minor league teams.

One thing I don't like about the site is the viciousness of some of the commenter’s and the attacks on other commenter’s. I know you need to have a thick skin on these online sites but pity the poor baseball fan that asks a “stupid” or “silly” question. I’m sure there are a lot of people that won’t participate and post because they’re afraid of getting barbecued by one of the ‘experts’.
    More often than not, the spite you see is directed toward 'established' members on the site. A person with more posts is usually more susceptible to arguments because people "know" where they stand on everything. thrylos is one of those that gets an earful since he likes to debate and takes a different stance than most on many topics.

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    Personally, I was just getting into Nick's Twins Blog and then he went and shut down on me. At first, I didn't expect a lot out of TD. I would say it took all of two days at most to change my mind. I check this site almost every day. Thanks for making this my favorite baseball site. Keep up the good work and congratulations on a great first 6 months.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    More often than not, the spite you see is directed toward 'established' members on the site. A person with more posts is usually more susceptible to arguments because people "know" where they stand on everything. thrylos is one of those that gets an earful since he likes to debate and takes a different stance than most on many topics.
    The founders of this board write a critical comment and return debate without coming across as spiteful, derogatory, or egotistical. I don't see what they write as based on any emotion. They have a love of the game. That cannot be said of all of the "established" members. Perhaps the responders to these posts are responding in the tone the comment in the tone they think it has. If a person responds to thrylos in the same tone as perceived written, you might think the responder is the bad person. You may like thrylos (interesting, autospell changes it to thrills) and thus think negatively of the responder. I only use thrylos as an example because you used his name. If there was a post I could think of I would have used that.

Have been reading daily for a while now enjoy all it offers. Keep up the good work.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This site rules. 'Nuff said.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    The founders of this board write a critical comment and return debate without coming across as spiteful, derogatory, or egotistical. I don't see what they write as based on any emotion. They have a love of the game. That cannot be said of all of the "established" members. Perhaps the responders to these posts are responding in the tone the comment in the tone they think it has. If a person responds to thrylos in the same tone as perceived written, you might think the responder is the bad person. You may like thrylos (interesting, autospell changes it to thrills) and thus think negatively of the responder. I only use thrylos as an example because you used his name. If there was a post I could think of I would have used that.
    I only used thrylos because I believe he has the highest amount of posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12