Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: State Of The Community Update

Liked 113 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: State Of The Community Update

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Congratulations on your first six Months.

You guys have done incredible work.

Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It seems to me that you have achieved all of your goals and then some. Thanks to all of the creators of this site.

This site's awesome! Thanks guys, keep up the good work!!

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Those numbers are great but I think we're only getting started... I'm excited to see the stuff we come up with between now and Opening Day 2013!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I followed Seth over here from SethSpeaks and appreciate all the good in-depth baseball info. on both the major and minor league teams.

One thing I don't like about the site is the viciousness of some of the commenter’s and the attacks on other commenter’s. I know you need to have a thick skin on these online sites but pity the poor baseball fan that asks a “stupid” or “silly” question. I’m sure there are a lot of people that won’t participate and post because they’re afraid of getting barbecued by one of the ‘experts’.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
    I followed Seth over here from SethSpeaks and appreciate all the good in-depth baseball info. on both the major and minor league teams.

One thing I don't like about the site is the viciousness of some of the commenter’s and the attacks on other commenter’s. I know you need to have a thick skin on these online sites but pity the poor baseball fan that asks a “stupid” or “silly” question. I’m sure there are a lot of people that won’t participate and post because they’re afraid of getting barbecued by one of the ‘experts’.
    I agree with this 100%. We will work on that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When this site opened I immediately recognized that it had by far the best web design of any Twins site. Linking to other Twins sites was huge, and the user-friendly design has attracted a lot of fans. The comments have been remarkably good.

For future fun I'd like to see photo collections of some of the minor league players. Everybody's got a camera these days, so it's just a matter of finding people that see games, have them snap some pics, then post them somewhere Twins Daily can link to, like Flickr.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations! It's an understatement to say you're all off to a terrific start. I'm sure everything from here will just keep getting better.

Liked 351 Times in 200 Posts
    Congrtulations to you all.

By far the best Twins community out there, great job guys! I followed the content and forum discussions on my reader for a while before I even signed up to start contributing...great stuff!

Good job guys--I was led to this sight by Howard Sinker column in March. A little disappointed that Howard is not on the site...still missing batgirl from a few years ago...now if you guys could get her to contribute...

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Congrats on the success. I enjoy the site very much; it has greatly increased my enjoyment of baseball in general. With your help I have become a proud baseball nerd. I enjoyed Bonnes when he was on Kfan on Thursdays as the Twins geek and that is where I first head about the Gleeman/Geek postcast on Sundays. My dog and I go for a 2 hour walk on most Sunday nights and quench our thirst for nerdy baseball discussion. That was about 10-11 months ago and from that source I heard about this site being put together. So I go from one person, to two and then to thousands. It is quite fun. Thanks again.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Great site. Congrats to everyone, the owners and the contributors. I just hope the Twins can get better soon.
    Lighten up Francis....

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    congrates and thanks for creating this site

Given the caliber of the founders, I expected a great site. I was not disappointed. Must reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post

One thing thats hard to figure out on a board, like this, is sarcasm/fooling around/teasing rather than outright spite. Dont get scared off by the 'experts' as we're all here for the same entertainment....Ive had some pretty arguementive posts with 'experts' but I respect ALL their opinions as Im also very set in mine/but I love different points of view. I can argue/disagree badly with someone on one post & completely agree with them on another. Please dont take things personal as this board is SO far below others as far as attacks IMO. Dont think this site is vicious at all, just very opinionated (which is good).
    I love the site & rarely go back to the old ones I liked. So many great minds, opinions, stories that Ive never found anywhere.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    One thing thats hard to figure out on a board, like this, is sarcasm/fooling around/teasing rather than outright spite. Dont get scared off by the 'experts' as we're all here for the same entertainment....Ive had some pretty arguementive posts with 'experts' but I respect ALL their opinions as Im also very set in mine/but I love different points of view. I can argue/disagree badly with someone on one post & completely agree with them on another. Please dont take things personal as this board is SO far below others as far as attacks IMO. Dont think this site is vicious at all, just very opinionated (which is good).
    I love the site & rarely go back to the old ones I liked. So many great minds, opinions, stories that Ive never found anywhere.
    It's a fine line to walk, to be sure. We don't want to ban fun, but we also understand that some valuable voices can be scared off by a hostile tone in threads. Believe me, this has been a hot internal discussion lately.

I agree with most here, this is an excellent site. I really appreciate the work. I followed over here from Nick's site, and was thrilled to find even more of the great posts that Nick was putting up from the rest of the crew here.

Also agree with the commenter that if there's any way you can lure Bat Girl into posting here, even only once in awhile, that would be huge. I'd pay big bucks for another Lego-vision post!

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    It's a fine line to walk, to be sure. We don't want to ban fun, but we also understand that some valuable voices can be scared off by a hostile tone in threads. Believe me, this has been a hot internal discussion lately.
    Diplomacy is good. Clever sarcasm is great. Some of the namecalling by frequent contributors with websites is appalling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast