Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Kennys Vargas callout to Thrylos, Jeremy, someone?

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 847 Times in 543 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kennys Vargas callout to Thrylos, Jeremy, someone?

In looking up Rosario's stats I noticed that Vargas is 'unadopted' and more importantly, has hit 6 HRs in his first 9 games at Beloit, I assume he is coming off a significant injury? I only remember his name out there and having signed as an undrafted FA.Today is his birthday, as he turns 22. Even more pleasantly noticed, he's 6'5" and 215, perfect for 1B, along with a nice mix of OBP and SLG. Does anyone have a full rundown on his long-term chances?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know all the details, but he was serving a 50-game suspension for failing a drug test, hence the late start to his season. He has come out of the gate strong. I was at the Beloit game last night and saw his 6th HR, and it was to straight-away center; there was no doubt in anybody's mind when he hit it that it was gone.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I don't know all the details, but he was serving a 50-game suspension for failing a drug test, hence the late start to his season. He has come out of the gate strong. I was at the Beloit game last night and saw his 6th HR, and it was to straight-away center; there was no doubt in anybody's mind when he hit it that it was gone.
    Thanks SB for the great info. Questions. Does he pass the eye test better as a future MLB player or former MLB juicer?

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 119 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Thanks SB for the great info. Questions. Does he pass the eye test better as a future MLB player or former MLB juicer?
    Seth will be in Beloit Thursday-Sunday. I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Hopefully we'll be able to give you a good, concrete answer after that. It was a weight-loss supplement, not HGH, so I think he can still make a name out of himself.

The fact that his numbers are translating from E-town to Beloit are encouraging, but it's early...

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    Seth will be in Beloit Thursday-Sunday. I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Hopefully we'll be able to give you a good, concrete answer after that. It was a weight-loss supplement, not HGH, so I think he can still make a name out of himself.The fact that his numbers are translating from E-town to Beloit are encouraging, but it's early...
    Wow, 50 game suspension for diet pills? Thanks Jeremy, I look forward to your reports.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do think that vargas is a legitimate prospect. incredible power from both sides of the plate. it's unfortunate that helost that time, especially since the suspension didn't continue this year until the stime lostort season began. that's development time lost.

Twins News Team MVP
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I do think that vargas is a legitimate prospect. incredible power from both sides of the plate. it's unfortunate that helost that time, especially since the suspension didn't continue this year until the stime lostort season began. that's development time lost.
    Thanks Seth. Look forward to your reports too. Hopefully someone can get a quote or two out of Vargas, Rosario, Sano, etc.!