Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Seth's Trip to Beloit

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries

Seth's Trip to Beloit

I'm just leaving work now. Everything is packed... just have to drop a few things off... I'll be picking up Travis Aune of Travis Twins Talk fame in our hometown, and then driving to the cities, where I'll hopefully be meeting John and others for some dinner tonight... Then tomorrow, Travis and I will be heading to Beloit for games on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I know that the talented Jeremy Nygaard will also be in Beloit for the games on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully we can put together some good information for Twins Daily. I figured starting at thread would be good. Maybe some of you will be in Beloit this weekend. Let me know and be sure to say hi. Maybe some of you will want me to ask certain questions to certain players. Feel free to leave them here. I'll also just update the Twins Daily readers with occasional updates here, so be sure to check back from time to time!!

Really looking forward to this!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like a fantastic stalking trip. My biggest questions are if Sano passes the eye test at 3b and Rosario at 2b.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Got to the Twin Cities around 8:30 last night. Had a nice dinner with great baseball chat at Park Tavern with Brandon Warne, John Bonnes, Howard Sinker and Phil Miller. Just got about 6 hours of sleep and hope to leave Chanhassen by 7 to miss 494s traffic. Should be in Beloit by early afternoon!

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was not planning to go this weekend but with such a all star cast in attendance...maybe. Either way enjoy the trip and someone needs to Hog Call!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Beat rush hour out of the Twin Cities and already in Menomonie downing some breakfast at Perkins!

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Beat rush hour out of the Twin Cities and already in Menomonie downing some breakfast at Perkins!
    Last night I thought you were dreaming when talking about an early start. Congrats.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 808 Times in 509 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Glen is quite the charritable guy I take it...

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow, with so much blogging talent in Beloit this weekend, maybe I should skip my regular Saturday poker tournament and buzz up there. Maybe some of that writing talent would rub off! It may also be the last/best time to catch the Twins prospects in Beloit (just in case that PDC isn't renewed). Going to have to ponder that idea.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    John, the goal was to leave at 7, and we left by 6:50!! Leisurely drive over though, so that's good. Even with a few stops, we were here in less than 6 hours. Checked in to the hotel now, and will head over to the ballpark in a couple of hours for batting practice. Looking forward to the four games. HOpefully the weather holds up. It was 91 degrees here. Air conditioning is my friend!

Jim Crikket - Come on up! it'd be fun to see you again, and hang out and watch a ball game!

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 808 Times in 509 Posts
    Blog Entries
    yeah it's been brutal hot this summer. I live in Indy and it's been a while where I've seen this many 90+ degree days and 100+ degree days.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    It was really hot, but honestly, once the sun went down, it was really comfortable last night.

By the way, I'll be posting a Day 1 blog shortly. Fun ninth inning last night. And several observations from BP and such.

Mitcho8
    I'll be there for the games Friday and Saturday, my first non-saints minor league game. I can't wait!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitcho8 View Post
    I'll be there for the games Friday and Saturday, my first non-saints minor league game. I can't wait!
    That's awesome!! Please be sure to stop by and say hi!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    It was another very hot day in Beloit on Friday. Not a lot to do. Did a little shopping in the morning. Applebees is always so good. Went there for lunch and I certainly recommend that Sizzling N'allins Skillet!! As we were driving over to the ball park before batting practice, the temperature showed 102 degrees on my car! But, the bank's said "just" 95. It was really hot. The Snappers were doing a lot of work on the field, taking infield, working on situational defense. I love that stuff. All before a long round of infield. The game wasn't as dramatic as the night before, but that's because Matt Tomshaw was terrific and the bats came up big, especially in a five-run 7th. Went back to Applebees after the game with a group that included Jeremy Nygaard, AJ Pettersen, Josh Pettersen (AJ's brother) and Dallas Gallant. That was a lot of fun, watching the Olympics and telling stories. Gotta admit, when my head hit the pillow last night, I was out!!

Day 3 today... I b elieve we'll have some lunch and Jersey's and get back out to the ball park. They've played Kane County the last two nights. Now they'll be playing Wisconsin (the Brewers affiliate). It's a fireworks game tonight, which means there should be some people there... Howeer, there is also talk of thunderstorms... That would likely mean two games on Sunday!