Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Anyone Else Notice....

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Question Anyone Else Notice....

That Tsuyoshi Nishioka hit .298 in July and has hit .338 in the 18 games since the all star break? Is he starting to figure it out? Or is it blah, blah, blah, small sample size, blah blah, OPS, blah, blah, blah?

see if he can put together a good month of Aug. My opinion is that he will be taken off the 40 man roster to try & get him to take a buyout.
    Wonder if MN will have him go to AFL for one last chance to impress.
    Not like any of the middle infielders in New Brit are challenging the ROC players tho

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Its possible he is figuring it out. I hope so. It would be nice to see a respectable 2nd baseman on the Twins again.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    I think he could be, give him a couple weeks then bring him up.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 752 Times in 467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    needs some more time, but it is very encouraging to see his average rising...

oh, and where do people think he's going to take some sort of buyout... his contract is guaranteed. He's going to collect that cash... period.

Maybe he really is figuring it out. Brunansky and Glynn seem to be working some minor miracles down there.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    needs some more time, but it is very encouraging to see his average rising...

oh, and where do people think he's going to take some sort of buyout... his contract is guaranteed. He's going to collect that cash... period.
    Everything in business is negotiable. It's readily apparent that you haven't sampled the nightlife in Rochester, New York.

I can even envision a scenario where he ends up making MORE money next year on a combined buyout and a new contract in Japan.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have noticed it, and it is one of the reasons (along with Escobar's arrival) that I think Casilla's days in Minnesota are numbered. Why offer Casilla arbitration when you already have a player under contract (who you have to pay next year regardless) who is stepping up his game?

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    I would agree, nishi makes casilla redundant. Hopefully, he will give them value next year

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 752 Times in 467 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Everything in business is negotiable. It's readily apparent that you haven't sampled the nightlife in Rochester, New York.

I can even envision a scenario where he ends up making MORE money next year on a combined buyout and a new contract in Japan.

you are right, I've never sampled the night life in Rochester... I've never made 3M+ per year either, and I'm guessing I woudl be more than happy to put up with living in that dump for 3M too...

How about Chris Parmelee's production in Rochester for his last 10 games? .452/.511/.929 with 6 HRs and 12 rbi (according to MiLB). Does anyone know what position he's been playing?

Member Single-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nishi is hitting better, but also note the good offensive numbers of AA 3B Deibinsin Romero. He used to be on the 40 man roster. He has 15 homers. He may make Valencia expendable as a AAA back up to Plouffe. I'm not sure about his defense, but he is 2nd on the New Britain team in home runs. He has a good rbi total. He would also be cheaper than Valencia. Now, I also like Danny, but he has got to get it going and sustain it to stay on the 40 man roster. He is hitting better since his return, but it is a small sample size.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    you are right, I've never sampled the night life in Rochester... I've never made 3M+ per year either, and I'm guessing I woudl be more than happy to put up with living in that dump for 3M too...
    But wouldn't the chance to return to your home country and make about the same be even more appealing?