3:00

I guess that is that!
    I don't need to hit reload anymore!

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd be shocked if the month of August passes without the Twins making more deals than they made in July.

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    And playing for the Twins tonight:

Denard Span
    Josh Willingham
    Justin Morneau
    Jamey Caroll
    Jared Burton...

The same people we saw last night.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I just hope the Twins trade Denard in the offseason for something nice. This trade deadline has been awful and it's extremely painful to see them do nothing for the second year in a row.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 145 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They may make more August deals, but the likelihood of getting solid pitching prospect is zero. The only guys who might have brought that return will not pass through waivers.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Here's a recap if you missed any trades. http://bit.ly/MPM9sC
    There were a few I didn't catch until viewing this since some went under the radar like Kottaras and Chris Johnson.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is interesting to note that Josh Whetzel said that Ray Chang pinch hit for Pedro Florimon in the 12th inning this afternoon. Still could be something? Maybe?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    It is interesting to note that Josh Whetzel said that Ray Chang pinch hit for Pedro Florimon in the 12th inning this afternoon. Still could be something? Maybe?
    I was kinda surprised they didn't trade Carroll or Casilla to the A's.

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    They may make more August deals, but the likelihood of getting solid pitching prospect is zero. The only guys who might have brought that return will not pass through waivers.
    Not necessarily. Players that aren't on the 40-man (younger prospects) don't have to pass through waivers... and players that wouldn't clear waivers are just called "players to be named later" and traded after the season.

I'm not assuming that the Twins would make a deal that would bring a great return, but good players can still be moved... in either direction.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 754 Times in 468 Posts
    Blog Entries
    wouldn't stop hitting reload just yet... it isn't unusual for trades to be submitted but not announced yet.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Ok. I will do a few more page reloads then!
    Could something have gotten past the news hounds?

Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgenswest View Post
    After re-reading your post, I see what you meant. Span wouldn't clear waivers, Willingham neither. But the Twins could work out a deal with the claiming teams to get decent prospects, if they so choose.

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    LEN3 says Twins official confirmed that they did not make any deals.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Like the Qualls for McGehee trade between the Pirates and Yankees that just happened.

Whew!

I don't know about anyone else but if even Christensen is boxing the Twins' ears over selling on the cheap, is it possible that TR could not get value commensurate with any of the players we all thought might get dealt and actually stepped back?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 195 Times in 120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I just hope the Twins trade Denard in the offseason for something nice. This trade deadline has been awful and it's extremely painful to see them do nothing for the second year in a row.
    But unlike last year, they only needed to move one guy (Liriano). It really bothered me that the FO didn't try and get something for Cuddy in a market that was screaming for him. Oh well. I expect the team will move Span in the offseason.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daveha View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but if even Christensen is boxing the Twins' ears over selling on the cheap, is it possible that TR could not get value commensurate with any of the players we all thought might get dealt and actually stepped back?
    I think what Joe C. was trying to convey was the opposite. That maybe now IS the time to deal a Willingham or Span. Maybe even Burton or Perkins.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I doubt it, i think the Twins only deal will be Liriano.

maybe Casilla or Carroll.....or a Burton or Perkins

but thats it.
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    After re-reading your post, I see what you meant. Span wouldn't clear waivers, Willingham neither. But the Twins could work out a deal with the claiming teams to get decent prospects, if they so choose.
    I could certainly see Morneau being traded in an August waiver deal and if the Twins agree to cover a significant portion of his remaining contract, it could buy a decent return. Small chance, perhaps, but not impossible. Strange stuff happens in August when teams can really sniff the finish line and they get hit with an injury.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast