Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brown: Rangers are talking to Twins about Burton

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Reds get Broxton. Relievers starting to go. Would like to see if Perkins or Burton bring us anything.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Reds get Broxton. Relievers starting to go. Would like to see if Perkins or Burton bring us anything.
    Their value is too high for the Twins to part with them at this time. On the other hand, word is they're willing to move Blackburn or Gray.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 72 Times in 43 Posts
    This is the guy I would have considered trading the most. However, the Twins do have him for another year, no reason to give him away.
    Papers...business papers.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    I can handle standing pat on Span and even Willingham - but jesus was this guy a clear case of "sell high". Relievers are a bit unpredictable and he's been having a fantastic season. We just lost out on a major opportunity to turn pennies into dollars with this guy.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 671 Times in 380 Posts
    Also...what the Royals got for Broxton was the kind of haul that would've been nice for Burton. Hell, I'd have taken just one of those guys and a lesser spec.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Also...what the Royals got for Broxton was the kind of haul that would've been nice for Burton. Hell, I'd have taken just one of those guys and a lesser spec.
    Would have been nice, I think Broxton had quite a bit more value then Burton though with a longer track record and the whole "proven all star closer" garbage.

Though Burton has another year of course. At this point I hope the Twins find a way to sign Burton to a 2-3 year extension after this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12