Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Christensen: Selling Low Has Been Twins MO

  1. #1
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,427
    Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Like
    1
    Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    240

    Christensen: Selling Low Has Been Twins MO

    http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/164351676.html

    One revalation I found interesting is that the Twins explored trading him after 2010 (which was when there was also so much contract extension talk).

    Insiders say the Twins and Blue Jays discussed a deal that would have swapped Liriano for lefthander Ricky Romero. The Yankees offered righthander Ivan Nova and infielder Eduardo Nunez.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer mikeee's Avatar
    Posts
    777
    Like
    18
    Liked 36 Times in 24 Posts
    Guess there was too much hope on Liriano turning things around after the surgery.
    Too bad it didn't happen then!

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,601
    Like
    249
    Liked 185 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/twins/164351676.html

    One revalation I found interesting is that the Twins explored trading him after 2010 (which was when there was also so much contract extension talk).
    I remember how insulted Twins fans were about the Yankee offer.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,596
    Like
    1,106
    Liked 527 Times in 347 Posts
    It isn't often you see this negative an article from Joe or LaVelle.
    Lighten up Francis....

  5. #5
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,432
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    64
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    It isn't often you see this negative an article from Joe or LaVelle.
    For sure from Joe... I also remember thinking that the Nova/Nunez offer was just crazy, that the Twins should get maybe two of Montero, Betances or Banuelos for him. (OK, maybe not quite that much, but at least one of them.) I hadn't heard about the Ricky Romero stuff. That would have been nice.

    I'm all for selling high, but only for a huge return. In other words, if they are going to trade Span and/or Willingham, they need to get a couple of high ceiling pieces. They shouldn't trade or sell high just to trade.

  6. #6
    Banned Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    636
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I'm all for selling high, but only for a huge return. In other words, if they are going to trade Span and/or Willingham, they need to get a couple of high ceiling pieces. They shouldn't trade or sell high just to trade.
    But if you identify memebers of your team that aren't part of the future of this club longterm (Willingham & Span) It makes sense to sell while there value is at there highest (which atleast for Willingham it is)

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,247
    Like
    261
    Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    But if you identify memebers of your team that aren't part of the future of this club longterm (Willingham & Span) It makes sense to sell while there value is at there highest (which atleast for Willingham it is)
    His value will still be high in the offseason. Maybe just as high. So there is no harm in waiting if we don't get the offer we want today.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  8. #8
    Banned Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    636
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    His value will still be high in the offseason. Maybe just as high. So there is no harm in waiting if we don't get the offer we want today.
    Or Span gets dizzy again...all I'm saying is the value is sky high and you shouldn't trade Span just for the sake of trading him. But the urge to move him should be strong.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,874
    Like
    74
    Liked 352 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DPJ View Post
    Or Span gets dizzy again...all I'm saying is the value is sky high and you shouldn't trade Span just for the sake of trading him. But the urge to move him should be strong.
    The Twins have been actively shopping him (according to reports) for several weeks now, I'd say they have a strong urge to move him for the right package sooner rather then later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.