Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Kepler

Kepler

Max Kepler has apparently found his power stroke. 6 HR is his last 10 games. Yeah, it's E-town...but he also has a 20/17 BB/SO this year.

.286/.412/.540/.951 on the season, .337/.444/.699/1.143 in July.

He could be kind of a big deal some day.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by killebrew View Post
    Max Kepler has apparently found his power stroke. 6 HR is his last 10 games. Yeah, it's E-town...but he also has a 20/17 BB/SO this year.

.286/.412/.540/.951 on the season, .337/.444/.699/1.143 in July.

He could be kind of a big deal some day.
    Not to mention his German heritage would be a huge asset in predicting the sausage race outcomes in the Miller Park series.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Not to mention his German heritage would be a huge asset in predicting the sausage race outcomes in the Miller Park series.
    That is hilarious -- good one Mr. Daddy.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 746 Times in 462 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Given his age, his success in Elizabethon is nice. I'm more encouraged by the plate discipline personally. That tends to translate better at higher levels.

With Kepler and Goodrum both learning the difference between a ball, a strike, and a beach ball thrown from the stands this year, I'm hoping whomever the hitting coach in Elizabethton is getting big raise and/or working with Sano next season.

Blog Entries
    that coach already worked with Sano... lest you forget, he put up video game stats in Elizabethon...

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Did I read they are moving him to first some? That must mean Sano is staying at third next year, u would guess.

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Did I read they are moving him to first some? That must mean Sano is staying at third next year, u would guess.
    He played 3 games at first last year. This year he has been in the OF or DH, but mainly OF.

He was in E-town last year as well. I don't know if they changed coaches or anything like that, but I suspect his improvement this year also has something to do with him repeating the level and growing into his frame a little more.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    my 2015 dream

OF of CF Hicks, LF Arcia, RF Revere...
    3B Plouffe....SS Gregorious......2B Rosario...........1B Parmelee/ Sano (AAA to start yr?)
    C Mauer
    DH Kennys Vargas

----BENCH-----

C Herrmann
    INF Dozier
    OF Benson or Bigley
    UTL Escobar...

---------

Max Kepler and Travis Harrison in AA. Hopefully a lot of pitching in the upper minors and Niko Goodrum too.
    Top Twins prospects ? 1.Byron Buxton (OF-A+)
    2.Miguel Sano (3B-AA) 3.Alex Meyer (SP-AA) 4. Kohl Stewart (SP-RK) 5. Nick Gordon (SS-RK) 6. J.O. Berrios (P-A) 7. Josmil Pinto (C-AAA) 8. Eddie Rosario (2B-AA) 9. L. Thorpe (SP-RK) 10. Travis Harrison (3B-A) 11.Kennys Vargas (1B-A+) 12. Trevor May (SP-AA) 13. Jorge Polanco (2B-A) 14. Max Kepler (OF-A) 15. Miguel Sulbaran (SP-A) Just Missed:P Zach Jones, SS Aderlin Mejia, P Stephen Gonsalves, C Stuart Turner.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    I rip on the scouting as much as anyone. Here in the states, their skill is debatable, but the international scouts are killing it. Honestly, since all the original scouting reports were all about him being a great athlete and not about being a ballplayer, I never expected much. What a steal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shs_59 View Post
    my 2015 dream

OF of CF Hicks, LF Arcia, RF Revere...
    3B Plouffe....SS Gregorious......2B Rosario...........1B Parmelee/ Sano (AAA to start yr?)
    C Mauer
    DH Kennys Vargas

----BENCH-----

C Herrmann
    INF Dozier
    OF Benson or Bigley
    UTL Escobar...

---------

Max Kepler and Travis Harrison in AA. Hopefully a lot of pitching in the upper minors and Niko Goodrum too.

Revere over Benson? Vargas going from Beloit to a DH? and Keper from Elizabethon to AA? Vargas is having a decent season, but he just started playing.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    Revere over Benson? Vargas going from Beloit to a DH? and Keper from Elizabethon to AA? Vargas is having a decent season, but he just started playing.
    He said 2015.

Blog Entries
    In that scenario, Vargas skips AAA alltogether, and that assumes he doesn't start the year in Beloit again, which he very well may...

Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    I rip on the scouting as much as anyone. Here in the states, their skill is debatable, but the international scouts are killing it. Honestly, since all the original scouting reports were all about him being a great athlete and not about being a ballplayer, I never expected much. What a steal.
    Jorge Polanco from the IFA class of 2009 is very much a legitimate prospect as well.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    You are right r.e. Polanco! I have him as my Adopt-a-Prospect and didn't start a page for fear of being snickered at as I wrote about a slick-fielding, switch-hitting shortstop whose only real distinction, other than being one of the youngest players on every club (18 to start this year), is that he was one of the hardest players to strike out in the GCL last year. However, it looks like he may have turned those bat-control tools into skills this year as he is 2nd in the Appy league in doubles, and ranks in the top 10 in AVG and OPS (ahead of Goodrum and Harrison). He would be having a truly monster season if, like so many other prospects, he could hit left-handed pitchers (~.400 point swing in OPS).