Thread: Minnesota Twins recall Jeff Manship

Owner Big-Leaguer Parker Hageman's Avatar
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries

Minnesota Twins recall Jeff Manship

In order to fill room in the pitching staff vacated by the Francisco Liriano trade, the Twins recall Jeff Manship from Rochester.

Manship had worked in eight games with the Twins previously this year, posting a 5/2 strikeout-to-walk ratio in 10.2 innings while allowing 13 earned runs. His second stint in Rochester proved better as he went 2-1 with a 1.45 ERA in 31 innings with a 22/16 strikeout-to-walk ratio.

Manship last worked in a start on Friday night in Rochester.
    Last edited by Parker Hageman; 07-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Well, not sure who else they could've added since the 40-man roster is now overflowing.

I still have hopes that Slama will get a chance (but needs to be added).

manship is out of options this winter & we've seen 4 yrs of his work in relief.
    I wouldnt mind seein him get some starts & see if his good work this yr in ROC was a mirage or if he's better suited to start
    Dont want him turning into another teams Sam Deduno or PJ Walters next yr if we dont give him a chance.

Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Goody. I was hoping that he was a throw-in in a trade. He had several chances to do something at the MLB level and failed miserably all times. 37 games, 6 GS and 74+ IP in the majors over 3 seasons are enough. And he is 27, not a "young prospect" any more. Frankly, I'd rather see Guerra (he is back from the DL) in the majors... At least we can see something different. And if Duensing is a starter and want someone to be the long man now that Swarzak is out, they could use Perdomo. He has been starting.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

I don't expect anything from Manship, I guess they might as well give him a few starts and see what he can do there. I would be suprised if he is back next year.