Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Holy Schmuckers... could it be Miller Time?

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries

Holy Schmuckers... could it be Miller Time?

Per Scott Miller of CBS Sports the Cards and Twins have discussed a deal for Liriano. Is Shelby Miller headed for a spot in the Twins rotation? Hell No. We will receive Scott Miller and he will be an adequate beat writer for the Twins... sorry.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/sc...hields-liriano

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Per Scott Miller of CBS Sports the Cards and Twins have discussed a deal for Liriano. Is Shelby Miller headed for a spot in the Twins rotation? Hell No. We will receive Scott Miller and he will be an adequate beat writer for the Twins... sorry.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/sc...hields-liriano
    Yo Bark... thanks for jinxing us you F'ing A'Hole. Thanks a lot dick.

Blog Entries
    Yo Bark... thanks for jinxing us you F'ing A'Hole. Thanks a lot dick.
    Yeah, blame me for this debacle of a trade. By no means did I ever believe they would get a "Shelby Miller" for Liriano - this thread was meant as a joke (not a very good one). The White Sox received more in the Ozzie Guillen trade than we received in the Liriano trade... so sad. Go to hell bark for calling me out. Have some sensitivity to this issue.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, blame me for this debacle of a trade. By no means did I ever believe they would get a "Shelby Miller" for Liriano - this thread was meant as a joke (not a very good one). The White Sox received more in the Ozzie Guillen trade than we received in the Liriano trade... so sad. Go to hell bark for calling me out. Have some sensitivity to this issue.
    Who the hell are to make light of such things as "Twins Trades". This has been a god awful season, and the last thing we need is TD participants making light of supposed transactions that have a very important baring on this franchise. Shame on you Bark... Shame on YOU!!!

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hate to interrupt this thread, but I need as many places as possible to vomit in reaction to giving Liriano to our biggest enemy for mediocre prospects.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I hate to interrupt this thread, but I need as many places as possible to vomit in reaction to giving Liriano to our biggest enemy for mediocre prospects.
    Thanks for joining Glunn. Although it can be fun to have a conversation with yourself I am glad you chimed in. This trade is plain old stupid. They should have kept him. I do not work for or am I affiliated with the Twins - but I do invest my time and energy into their product. We were the chumps this evening... an indefinite scar on the franchise moving forward and dealing with other organizations. Say NO to chump trading.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still harbor some hope that Ryan and the scouts see some potential in at least one of these jamooks and that they prove to be correct.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I still harbor some hope that Ryan and the scouts see some potential in at least one of these jamooks and that they prove to be correct.
    Unfortunately on the surface these guys have a bleak upside. Glunn you need to go to the Rainbow Room on the Sunset Strip and see if their is a portal to the dimension of Twins baseball bliss. It's our only chance of winning Twins baseball for the next half decade.

I can't believe JR turned down Liriano for Miller, Tony La Russa, and a Budweiser factory.