Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: John Shipley: Pohlad Hopes Ryan will be Permanent GM

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    I stand by what I have said since they brought him back, he should get at least 1 mote offseason to male them better and younger before reaching some conclusion in the job he is doing.
    That is where we are in complete agreement. Except I am unclear as how TR will mote an offseason to male the team...

I'm sorry, those were just interesting typos. I'm not trying to be a dick.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 533 Times in 353 Posts
    Dangit....gotta pay attention to autofill on the phone before hitting post.....at least we got some humor in this thread...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The real problem with the past offseason was that our offense/defense was what Ryan decided to target, and he did a kick-a$$ job of that, signing Carroll (defense), Doumit (versatility/offense), Willingham (oh my gawd offense) for relative bargains. Of course, all of us that were hoping 2011 was just an aberration have had a sore wake-up call this year, even with the relatively high number of bright spots that have developed over the year. The thing is, it is hard to both "rebuild" (not that the Twins like to use that word) and compete in the same year, but the deals that Ryan made in the offseason were supposed to be a balance of the two. Now that we have a fairly reliable offense who is clearly capable of wiping the floor of "competitive" teams like Cleveland is supposed to be, Ryan can focus more on signing/trading for major league pitching/high level minor league prospects that we so desperately need. I would say give him AT LEAST one more year before throwing Ryan under the bus, because Smith didn't leave us with a great farm system to have hope in.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 533 Times in 353 Posts
    The part of the farm system Smith is accountable for is the strongest part of the system....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Good post by cdog, I certainly hope I am in the first group, when I am pessimistic, which is probably about 70% of my posts here lately....which is too high a percent for even my comfort.
    Good post by mike. Especially the early-going. HA!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm not even ready to call the Delmon Young trade a bust yet ...
    I'm actually willing to already call it a success!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123