Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Trades, Trades, Trades in Bizzaro World

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trades, Trades, Trades in Bizzaro World

Hallejuhah! Thank the Lord and Amen. In some alternate universe our trade dreams are coming to fruition!

1. Liriano is traded for Shelby Miller and Matt Adams.

2. Span is traded for Billy Hamilton, and the Red's top 2 pitching prospects

3. Morneau is traded to to the Bluejays for Canada west of Ontario, Terrance and Phillip and Travis D'Arnaud, we then flip Vancouver to Seattle for Felix Hernandez and 100 million buckaroos.

4. Sadly, LA rejects a trade the would send Josh Willingham to the Dodgers for Hollywood - straight up. This might be in our best interest. I was in LA at the Rainbow Room in late 2003 and Judd Nelson and Ron Geremy were having a meeting of the minds. It was creepy - I don't think that we Twin Citians or Sotans are ready for that. We need another 20 years or so.

Let us rejoice in victory!!!

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How do we move there, Bark? And in that universe could we trade Valencia and Blackburn for Trout and Weaver?

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    Ha! Well done.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 613 Times in 342 Posts
    You forgot where we trade Matt Capps and Drew Butera's amazing handling abilities for Dylan Bundy and Adam Jones.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    How do we move there, Bark? And in that universe could we trade Valencia and Blackburn for Trout and Weaver?
    Glunn, I am not quite sure. I am working on it. We need to find the specific porthole that can take us to this alternate dimension. Actually the Rainbow Room might be a good starting point. Some of things I seen in that joint had to come from some other dimension - they were not of this plain of existence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    And in that universe could we trade Valencia and Blackburn for Trout and Weaver?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    You forgot where we trade Matt Capps and Drew Butera's amazing handling abilities for Dylan Bundy and Adam Jones.
    Let's save those trades for this off season.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    5. The Twins reveal to the world that deep underneath Target Field they built a super-secret genetics laboratory and have been developing the next generating of superstars. The first product of the Pohlad's mad experiments was made created with dna extracted from Ozzie Smith's beard trimmings and Pete Rose's spittoon. Ozzie Rose becomes the first player to play 2b and SS simultaneously.

6. Their second experiment, a Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire hybrid, overdoses on HGH, grows 20 ft tall and goes on a rampage, flattening much of the western suburbs. It is then immediately signed by the Yankees.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spideyo View Post
    5. The Twins reveal to the world that deep underneath Target Field they built a super-secret genetics laboratory and have been developing the next generating of superstars. The first product of the Pohlad's mad experiments was made created with dna extracted from Ozzie Smith's beard trimmings and Pete Rose's spittoon. Ozzie Rose becomes the first player to play 2b and SS simultaneously.

6. Their second experiment, a Barry Bonds/Mark McGuire hybrid, overdoses on HGH, grows 20 ft tall and goes on a rampage, flattening much of the western suburbs. It is then immediately signed by the Yankees.
    @#&%!!! I can't wait... this is my kind of baseball!
    Last edited by Bark's Lounge; 07-28-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: typo

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    With the win tonight, the Twins just moved out of last place! BUY! BUY! BUY!