Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plouffe to the DL; scratched today

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I hope Valencia comes up and does really well. I know what the general theme is about Valencia and what the media portrays him as. However, having talked to him many times and had him on podcasts and do Q&As, I think that he is a very smart, confident, good person. I guess maybe that's a different perspective than others want to have about him based on media or other assumptions, but Valencia is not a bad person and it annoys me that there are people who would hope for failure.
    Not a Danny hater at all but most of the 'hatred' towards him is that he has done NOTHING at ROC to warrant a re-promotion while guys like Parmellee/Hendriks went down & dominated (showing they can be major league players). Valencia does hit lefties well & may have a future as a platoon backup corner infielder but he's never gonna be a starter again. Too bad cause he once had some promise but nobody in the organization loves Danny as much as Danny does!!!

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's not as if he broke his leg. It is a jammed thumb.broken leg 2.jpg

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope Danny puts it together. Just needs to be a gamer and he can turn it around.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 176 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    I don't think anyone in history could accumulate trade value that fast (assuming that Danny V. isn't playing tonight, that leaves about 2 games for him to get his trade value up.) The only way that would happen would be if he hit home runs in every at bat in the next two games, which not even Josh Hamilton can do.
    Yeah you're right. Deadline is too close, but maybe get some value going and be a part of an offseason move.

Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Well, that sucks. Get healthy Plouffe!

As far as Danny V goes, let's hope he starts tearing the cover off the ball. I'd rather have the problem of too many players playing well than not enough guys playing.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Not a Danny hater at all but most of the 'hatred' towards him is that he has done NOTHING at ROC to warrant a re-promotion while guys like Parmellee/Hendriks went down & dominated (showing they can be major league players). Valencia does hit lefties well & may have a future as a platoon backup corner infielder but he's never gonna be a starter again. Too bad cause he once had some promise but nobody in the organization loves Danny as much as Danny does!!!
    Yep. Its not so much hating Danny as it is he hasn't earned his way back after his poor play at the major league level...along with guys like Parm that are crushing when they get sent down. (obviously positional need is involved also)

Let's hope time spent in the minors motivates Danny. He is better than what the twins have now in the infield. Jamey Carroll batting .236 with ZERO homers. Dozier batting .236 and 14 errors. Casilla batting .222 with 16 RBI's. Even the 2011 Valencia with .246 with 15 homers and 72 RBI's is better than what we have now.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 758 Times in 472 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Well, that sucks. Get healthy Plouffe!

As far as Danny V goes, let's hope he starts tearing the cover off the ball. I'd rather have the problem of too many players playing well than not enough guys playing.
    If by some chance that happens, you might see Plouffe back up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    If by some chance that happens, you might see Plouffe back up the middle.
    If that were the situation, would you put him at SS and move Dozier to 2B, or move Plouffe to 2B.

Or, a third option, send Dozier down to AAA to figure out some things...
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Dont think Plouffe will ever see significant time at SS ever again. Still pretty choppy @ 3B, but its his first extended time there. 2B could be an option tho.
    Dont expect Danny to explode tho....doesnt happen after 2 lackluster yrs very often

Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Dont think Plouffe will ever see significant time at SS ever again. Still pretty choppy @ 3B, but its his first extended time there. 2B could be an option tho.
    Dont expect Danny to explode tho....doesnt happen after 2 lackluster yrs very often
    I really don't expect Danny V to do much with his time. It was just a hypothetical question. I expect that Danny V will probably play very similar to what we've seen from him in 2011 and 2012.

But if he did explode, that would be fun to watch.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 536 Times in 355 Posts
    Not move Plouffe, he's finally comfy.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

But if he did explode, that would be fun to watch.
    Some here would hope you mean it like a drummer for Spinal Tap.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    7 days after the fact the day after an off-day leaving the Twins short for a week (and a day.) Nothing new, but something's gotta change with this team. And I don't know if it the medical stuff or the field management staff, but someone is grossly at fault here...

I don't know if it's either in most cases.....if Plouffe said he's basically been playing with it all yr and he thinks he just needs a few days then what do you do???? it's by all indications just a bone bruise. The move is backdated and we had players to fill in so really what's the big deal.. it's not like were in contention and this hurt us plus the alternative is Valencia..not great.

Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Some here would hope you mean it like a drummer for Spinal Tap.
    Some might. I don't think Valencia's amps go to 11 though.

Liked 701 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I agree with most of you that there is something amiss with the medical staff of the Twins with diagnosing injuries correctly in an expedient manner and making the right decisions for a course of action to take.
    The Twins medical staff uses only the most modern methods --

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not that backdating the injury a few days matters much, but the fact that the Twins announced today they believed Plouffe would be back in the lineup and then put him on the DL scares me. How can a medical staff have a guy who has been injured for a week, then think he will play today only to DL him? This is a recurring theme, Player gets dinged up, Training staff says, "should miss a game or two", Player misses a week of games, Then player is put on the DL retroactive to the day he was injured. Something is amiss. . .

I don't harbor ill-will about waiting out Plouffe. It was a thumb injury. Just needed to see how long before he could field/throw or swing a bat consistently. If it had made a difference, he could've pinch-hit in the Chicago series. But now the decision is to give hum some additional time and, hell, let's take another look at Valencia. He is on payroll major league $$$$.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12