Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plouffe to the DL; scratched today

Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries

Plouffe to the DL; scratched today

7 days after the fact the day after an off-day leaving the Twins short for a week (and a day.) Nothing new, but something's gotta change with this team. And I don't know if it the medical stuff or the field management staff, but someone is grossly at fault here...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Oh great, now we have to put up with Danny Valencia again. Maybe he finally figured it out but I doubt it, .250 and 7 HR for Rochester is not worthy of a promotion to replace Plouffe on the roster.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    Oh great, now we have to put up with Danny Valencia again. Maybe he finally figured it out but I doubt it, .250 and 7 HR for Rochester is not worthy of a promotion to replace Plouffe on the roster.
    Is this a given? Can't we shift Carroll over? Play Casilla at second? We do have some flexibility without Plouffe.

Blog Entries
    Danny V up looks like
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    7 days after the fact the day after an off-day leaving the Twins short for a week (and a day.) Nothing new, but something's gotta change with this team. And I don't know if it the medical stuff or the field management staff, but someone is grossly at fault here...
    This is an improvement, I was expecting him to get one at bat tonight then off to the DL.

Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    It's next to offical, Valencia wasn't in the lineup in Rochester and likely coming back.
    Who else do you want playing 3rd base? Casilla? Want to call up Nishi? Might as well give Valencia a chance, and we can send him back if/when he sputters.

Liked 351 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko87 View Post
    This is an improvement, I was expecting him to get one at bat tonight then off to the DL.
    Chuckle. Its always nice when you can find something positive in bad Twins news.

Handling of the DL boggles the mind.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Danny V up looks like
    This is good. Let the cocky little prick flail away at major league pitching and be done once and for all.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 56 Times in 26 Posts
    Danny V up looks like

Well, lemonade from lemons, maybe he goes on a mini-tear and becomes a toss-in for a Liriano trade?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Don't forget about Sean Burroughs

If the Organization really wants to slap around Valencia, this is the move.
    Last edited by Highabove; 07-27-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 70charger View Post
    Well, lemonade from lemons, maybe he goes on a mini-tear and becomes a toss-in for a Liriano trade?
    I don't think anyone in history could accumulate trade value that fast (assuming that Danny V. isn't playing tonight, that leaves about 2 games for him to get his trade value up.) The only way that would happen would be if he hit home runs in every at bat in the next two games, which not even Josh Hamilton can do.

Burroughs isnt on 40 man roster, so Danny gets one more shot.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I hope Valencia comes up and does really well. I know what the general theme is about Valencia and what the media portrays him as. However, having talked to him many times and had him on podcasts and do Q&As, I think that he is a very smart, confident, good person. I guess maybe that's a different perspective than others want to have about him based on media or other assumptions, but Valencia is not a bad person and it annoys me that there are people who would hope for failure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I hope Valencia comes up and does really well. I know what the general theme is about Valencia and what the media portrays him as. However, having talked to him many times and had him on podcasts and do Q&As, I think that he is a very smart, confident, good person. I guess maybe that's a different perspective than others want to have about him based on media or other assumptions, but Valencia is not a bad person and it annoys me that there are people who would hope for failure.
    +1

From some of the comments here one would think that Danny murdered someone's children or something. Remember: He was essential to the Twins wining the title in 2010. He had a slump. Everybody does, including some of the "crowd favorites" Twins. But he is not in Gardy's inner circle so he has been thrown under the bus...

And wishing a Twins' player failure by Twins' fans is totally inane. It's like rooting for the Sux. And kicking someone when he is down is not only bad karma, but it is cowardly... just sayin'

But of course, these are the same people who wanted Plouffe DFA'd last season and now that he is hitting HRs everything is fine...
    -----

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

DR

Quote Originally Posted by Danchat View Post
    It's next to offical, Valencia wasn't in the lineup in Rochester and likely coming back.
    Who else do you want playing 3rd base? Casilla? Want to call up Nishi? Might as well give Valencia a chance, and we can send him back if/when he sputters.
    Debinson Romero or is it robinson at New Britain, lets give him a chance, we know valencia, and we do not want

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    hahahahahaha, the more things don't change, the more they stay the same. But really, no problems with how they handle injuries, it really doesn't hurt them at all how they handle them, over and over and over.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 137 Times in 74 Posts
    Nothing new with the wait for a week dl trip. Lets hope Valencia does well we really need any ML level talent we can find if he can get back to that.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Damn, this is bad news. Plouffe is one of the few reasons to watch this team this season. I agree with most of you that there is something amiss with the medical staff of the Twins with diagnosing injuries correctly in an expedient manner and making the right decisions for a course of action to take. In Plouffe's case, I cannot blame them for holding out because of his value to our lineup and the nature of the injury he had... it sucks... what do you do? Good Luck Danny V.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Who cares about the "value to the lineup" when you are going to lose 90 games? You DL the guy, so he stays healthy for the long term. The lack of strategic thinking in the Twins front office is astounding.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 137 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike wants wins View Post
    Who cares about the "value to the lineup" when you are going to lose 90 games? You DL the guy, so he stays healthy for the long term. The lack of strategic thinking in the Twins front office is astounding.
    +++++++

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast