Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your best guess: where does Liriano end up?

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PMKI View Post
    I didn't really feel like making a new thread for this but I guess Perkins is drawing some interest. From Jon Morosi tweeted "Heavy interest in #Twins lefty Glen Perkins. He's been dealing this month, good contract. MIN asking price very high."
    No one's off-limits, but it would really suck to give up Perkins. He's a reliever to build around.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
    To the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters for a hot-hitting shortstop...

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 182 Times in 105 Posts
    I think the O's too.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 430 Times in 261 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    No one's off-limits, but it would really suck to give up Perkins. He's a reliever to build around.
    Agreed, and he has been kinda filling the Cuddyer role of team spokesman after Cuddyer left for greener pastures. And the Twins do not have many who has throw as hard as Perk can in the majors. And he is a home town guy.

On the other hand, let's play devil's advocate and admit that this team is building up for 2014-5. At that point he will be past his prime and very likely LHPs such as Melotakis (who is PMKI in E-town and Beloit and could be NB-bound next season), Jones (who PMKI as a starter in E-town), C. Williams, J. Gonzalez or Matt Thomsaw could replace him and Duensing can step up meanwhile as the primary LH setup man.

If he brings back something like a potential #2 or #3 starter for 2014-15 (which, other than Gibson, I am not sure this team has for that timeframe right now), I would be a no-brainer to trade him in my book. But a very unpopular move. And still I am not sure that the Twins' management forgot some of the issues with Perkins (he sued the team )
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 166 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Liriano goes to Texas because Texas doesn't want to deal with Greinke's mental issues. I suspect Greinke would rather not have to deal with the Texas market. I also think Texas will avoid Greinke because they already have enough trouble riding herd on Josh Hamilton.

I think Liriano would benefit greatly pitching under the likes of Nolan Ryan.

Because I've a perfect track record with my predictions, I'm quite sure I'm wildly wrong.
    Yep, you don't want to have to deal with a head case, so you go Liriano. For sure. (Not picking on you, but I found it chuckle-worthy.)

Personally I think the Orioles.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 529 Times in 350 Posts
    Guess I was right the first time, he's not traded for anything of use at all. The Angels are off the market, and TX will now counter by getting Josh Johnson.....
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 462 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Forgive me for straying out of the Liriano trade returns conversation for a moment. As was rumored last year - maybe the Twins will trade Denard to D.C. for Lombo, Jr. and Drew Storens. I know this will make a lot of the TD participants angry, but they will most definitely convert Storens into a starter. That appears to be the new trend this organization is trying to make fashionable.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TKGuy View Post
    Orioles, for one of Arreita, Matusz or Tillman and some B prospects.

All of them have been MEH!....and so has Liriano for the most part until recently...is it really an upgrade for them or us??

Liriano for Gilmartin, Graham and another prospect.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    span and either perkin or doumit go to the reds for hamilton , corcino and cingrani

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 155 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    span and either perkin or doumit go to the reds for hamilton , corcino and cingrani
    CIN doesn't give up Hamilton straight up or Span & Perk, IMHO, let alone add the other two.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 462 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    Poppycock Dear Sir... straight and simple Poppycock.

Twins re-sign Liriano. Pair him with Diamond for a solid two-fifths of a rotation.

Going along they hope one guy trying out this year has the major league talent and gets the seasoning needed to contribute long-term, then they sign an FA and develop one kid for the upcoming season. And that's their not too expensive but workable plan for next year. Diamond & Liriano, DeVries or DeDuno. An FA (Timmy Lincecum!!! Just wait - the math works!) and a kid from the minors. And that's the Twins' plan for the rotation in 2013. Two starters getting paid big bucks, Blackburn carried if nobody takes him, Capps & Pavano & Baker (= $Timmy!) & any other salaries in that bullpen are gone.

Well - signing Lincecum is a pipedream. And they would have to pay Frankie alot more to keep him, and he may not be worth what he's willing to sign for. But with an ace leading into Diamond, Liriano, and a couple of decent arms the Twins would not be easily dismissed. Especially if Morneau is back. Package Span, Parmelee & Dozier and maybe a minor league arm or OF for a shortstop with real ability. And that's a decent team. Could happen.

And with that, a happy g'nite to all.
    Last edited by Snortwood; 07-28-2012 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snortwood View Post
    Twins re-sign Liriano. Pair him with Diamond for a solid two-fifths of a rotation.

Going along they hope one guy trying out this year has the major league talent and gets the seasoning needed to contribute long-term, then they sign an FA and develop one kid for the upcoming season. And that's their not too expensive but workable plan for next year. Diamond & Liriano, DeVries or DeDuno. An FA (Timmy Lincecum!!! Just wait - the math works!) and a kid from the minors. And that's the Twins' plan for the rotation in 2013. Two starters getting paid big bucks, Blackburn carried if nobody takes him, Capps & Pavano & Baker (= $Timmy!) & any other salaries in that bullpen are gone.

Well - signing Lincecum is a pipedream. And they would have to pay Frankie alot more to keep him, and he may not be worth what he's willing to sign for. But with an ace leading into Diamond, Liriano, and a couple of decent arms the Twins would not be easily dismissed. Especially if Morneau is back. Package Span, Parmelee & Dozier and maybe a minor league arm or OF for a shortstop with real ability. And that's a decent team. Could happen.

And with that, a happy g'nite to all.

Signing Lincecum is definitely a pipedream, seeing as he isn't a free agent

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    It's time to trade Pouffe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12