Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is Arcia the best prospect in the system?

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    You did just reference three of the best prospects of the past 20 years. That is a hard act to live up to. We'll see how long Rizzo and Middlebrooks keep it up.
    I know... And that's exactly what I want. Is it too much to ask?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I'm jealous right now. What I want to see... Is a Mike Trout type guy come up from the farm. A Trout... A Strasburg... a Harper... A Middlebrooks... a Rizzo. Just one... Sometime soon.

Its hard to wait... Just one. Someone come up and blow the doors off.
    That's a bit much to ask because the Twins already had one of those guys come up from the farm eight years ago.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    I also find it odd how unwilling teams are to trade A level guys for the more certain current MLB player. Teams in the NFL do not like to trade draft picks for known commodities either. Malcolm Gladwell wrote an article about this bias a few years ago, it is in the interwebs someplace, if you are interested.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    That's a bit much to ask because the Twins already had one of those guys come up from the farm eight years ago.
    I know... That's why I want another one. Watching Trout run around the bases for the Angels just wants me want another one more.

It's been Awhile... The Twins need someone to come up and blow the doors off. This organization needs it. At least I need it. It's like someone closed down my baseball crack house.

Pig... I know exactly what you are saying about 8 years ago... I remember the feeling... Watching every moment when he was in the game... The Future was here... The Real Deal J.D. Durbin coming up in 2004 was an exciting time.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I know... That's why I want another one. Watching Trout run around the bases for the Angels just wants me want another one more.

It's been Awhile... The Twins need someone to come up and blow the doors off. This organization needs it. At least I need it. It's like someone closed down my baseball crack house.

Pig... I know exactly what you are saying about 8 years ago... I remember the feeling... Watching every moment when he was in the game... The Future was here... The Real Deal J.D. Durbin coming up in 2004 was an exciting time.
    Heh.

I think there's a chance we'll see that guy next year in Arcia. I think the kid is going to blow up over the next eight months. He'll force the front office's hand sooner rather than later.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    Heh.

I think there's a chance we'll see that guy next year in Arcia. I think the kid is going to blow up over the next eight months. He'll force the front office's hand sooner rather than later.
    Fingers Crossed... Head bowed to the Sky... His production is looking fantastic thus far. The Twins will wait out a couple of months to delay the Arb Clock... and I will be waiting his presence on the Twins lineup card.

I hope he keeps knocking it around until that moment because I'm starting to get jazzed.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Fingers Crossed... Head bowed to the Sky... His production is looking fantastic thus far. The Twins will wait out a couple of months to delay the Arb Clock... and I will be waiting his presence on the Twins lineup card.

I hope he keeps knocking it around until that moment because I'm starting to get jazzed.
    Ain't autocorrect a batch?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FrodaddyG View Post
    Ain't autocorrect a batch?
    lol... I love Autocorrect... The Consequences of it are something this world needed.

My Mother In Law texted me asking how my Anniversary Date with my wife went.

I replied... We had a nice Dinner and she said that I never show affection in Public so I had no choice but to "kill" her in the middle of the restaurant in front of everybody.

When the Police arrived... I had to call for my wife to come home and show that she is indeed alive. She had to produce ID for them.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 746 Times in 462 Posts
    Blog Entries
    you'd have thought the "in front of everybody" comment would have tipped her off to the mistake, but oh well...

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 193 Times in 119 Posts
    lol... I love Autocorrect... The Consequences of it are something this world needed.

My Mother In Law texted me asking how my Anniversary Date with my wife went.

I replied... We had a nice Dinner and she said that I never show affection in Public so I had no choice but to "kill" her in the middle of the restaurant in front of everybody.

When the Police arrived... I had to call for my wife to come home and show that she is indeed alive. She had to produce ID for them.
    So that'll make Thanksgiving dinner awkward ...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    you'd have thought the "in front of everybody" comment would have tipped her off to the mistake, but oh well...
    The First Text That Day from my mother in law was... "What do you have planned for your anniversary?"

I Meant to text "I'm taking her out... Someplace nice".

"Taking" got changed to "Eating".

She didn't respond back to that.

My Favorite was the Taco Shells exchange... My Mother in Law was going to make Taco's for my Family. She was at the store and texted me "give me a count on how many taco shells are left".

I texted back... Just one... That is your Count"

The Autocorrect changed the word "count"

Yes... I've made the wise move and stopped texting my Mother-in-Law going forward.
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 07-30-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 746 Times in 462 Posts
    Blog Entries
    if you are in the mood for some autocorrect humor.... www.damnyouautocorrect.com

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    I think Morales might be a lost cause by this point. I'm sure they'll have him do something in Latin America this off season but he shouldn't be going to the AFL.
    Latin players always go to to the DWL or VWL and American (CA and sometimes AU as well) players go to the AFL. edit - American players also go to the Latin American leagues.

So Arcia isn't bound for the AFL either.
    Last edited by kab21; 07-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kab21 View Post
    Latin players always go to to the DWL or VWL and American (CA and sometimes AU as well) players go to the AFL.

So Arcia isn't bound for the AFL either.
    I thought they were thinking about changing the winter leagues.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I thought they were thinking about changing the winter leagues.
    Have you heard anything other than getting out of Venezuela because of the security concerns?

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    No, I just remember the grumblings about the dissatisfaction with the winter leagues last year. Maybe it was just about Venezuela, but I thought the DWL wasn't a serious league and the Twins weren't high on it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456