Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Carlos Gomez will make you laugh

  1. #1
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,185
    Like
    99
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts

  2. #2
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,708
    Like
    33
    Liked 793 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Dude just wanted to stretch his legs. Nothing wrong with that.

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,119
    Like
    98
    Liked 35 Times in 27 Posts
    If I hit a ball that far, I would run around the bases too, fair or foul. Then again, I'm not a pro ball player.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  4. #4
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,708
    Like
    33
    Liked 793 Times in 429 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    If I hit a ball that far, I would run around the bases too, fair or foul. Then again, I'm not a pro ball player.
    Most days, neither is Carlos Gomez.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    Most days, neither is Carlos Gomez.
    LOL this video made me happy.

    I haven't been a huge fan of Gomez since he traded in his potential as a leadoff hitter and turned into a self proclaimed masher Willie Mays Hayes style.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    399
    Like
    0
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestMeat View Post
    LOL this video made me happy.

    I haven't been a huge fan of Gomez since he traded in his potential as a leadoff hitter and turned into a self proclaimed masher Willie Mays Hayes style.
    Ha he is like Willie Mays Hayes mixed in with a little bit of Pedro Cerrano. I wonder if he has that little statue in his locker as well.....

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    2,185
    Like
    99
    Liked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    In fairness, I wonder why this hasn't happened more often. It was extremely close and he (correctly) got out of the box quickly so he didn't hear the home plate ump call it foul and it didn't seem like the other umps (or Phillies) told him as he rounded the bases.

  8. #8
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,298
    Like
    1
    Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    231
    My wife is a Phils fan, so we heard the Phillies announcers laughing about this during the game. We both cracked up. It's just such a GoGo moment.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Posts
    890
    Like
    38
    Liked 62 Times in 43 Posts
    The best was when Shane Victorino did the same thing and no one told him because, well, nobody likes Shane Victorino other than Shane Victorino.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    138
    Like
    46
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    to top it off he struck out on the very next pitch. classic.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator MVP Riverbrian's Avatar
    Posts
    7,059
    Like
    1,235
    Liked 688 Times in 444 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    In fairness, I wonder why this hasn't happened more often. It was extremely close and he (correctly) got out of the box quickly so he didn't hear the home plate ump call it foul and it didn't seem like the other umps (or Phillies) told him as he rounded the bases.
    He runs faster than the Speed of Sound. The Ump yelled foul. He just out ran the sound of it.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Posts
    656
    Like
    7
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    This made me giggle and LOL

  13. #13
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    883
    Like
    109
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Classic. I wish Telly would have interviewed him after that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.