Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Announcing Twins Daily, Read in the Bathroom version!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,586 Times in 824 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins Daily mobile theme

How many of you browse TD on smartphones? I'm debating whether to install a different theme that caters more to smartphones (tablets use the standard theme, as they should). Would you find this useful? Does it matter to you?

I'm asking because setting up this theme to work on mobile devices is a fair amount of work. I don't much like the theme as it comes stock so I'd have to mess with it quite a bit.

Over half of my viewing of this site is actaully done on my phone. Infact I follow game threads almost exclusively on my phone. A mobile version would be greatly appreciated but it isnt the end of the world that there isnt one right now.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 200 Posts
    Do it Pig. Just make sure the whole login/posting is easy to do on amobile device, currently its a disaster

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    I would definitely browse more frequently on my phone if there was a mobile version or if it was more easy to browse/post on a smartphone,
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Musk21 View Post
    I would definitely browse more frequently on my phone if there was a mobile version or if it was more easy to browse/post on a smartphone,
    I'm working on it today. I may even have it up by the end of the day if things go well.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    I activated the theme. If you have problems with it, let me know. I only have an iPad and an Android phone handy to test it... Can't find my iPod right now so I can't test it on iPod/iPhone.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    I activated the theme. If you have problems with it, let me know. I only have an iPad and an Android phone handy to test it... Can't find my iPod right now so I can't test it on iPod/iPhone.
    This is my first time posting via the mobile setup, but so far so good. It was so hard to reply to anything mobile previously. innovation!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries

Article: Announcing Twins Daily, Read in the Bathroom version!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Much better on a Samsung galaxy thanks

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    Nice change

Liked 136 Times in 87 Posts
    I like the change as well. I do miss out on the which forum has been posted on last, but if I need to make (any more) forum posts from my phone, I might have some sort of psychological problem.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I like the change as well. I do miss out on the which forum has been posted on last, but if I need to make (any more) forum posts from my phone, I might have some sort of psychological problem.
    I just tried to get the Activity Feed to work on the mobile skin but it's a brand new feature to vBulletin and apparently, they haven't enabled the call to the mobile skin. I thought I could just patch in the call from the default skin but it's not working... Something is wonky there. I'll keep investigating the problem.

Right now, the "What's New" icon in the mobile skin only brings up a crappy search. That's no good.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I like the format. Thanks for the change.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Personally I like the full site better on my phone. I like seeing the recent activity on the left side of the site.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Personally I like the full site better on my phone. I like seeing the recent activity on the left side of the site.
    As I mentioned earlier, I'm going to try to get a "recent activity" section on the mobile site as well. It's proving trickier than expected.

In the meantime, you can use the full site as I mentioned in the article. One of the most important things we agreed on while working on this project was that we didn't want to limit peoples' options with the mobile skin.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 161 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    In the meantime, you can use the full site as I mentioned in the article. One of the most important things we agreed on while working on this project was that we didn't want to limit peoples' options with the mobile skin.
    Yep, this was the #1 requirement for both Brock and the rest of us. You have a choice now. I go back and forth. You can change it at the bottom of the front page.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice, and while you are at it, could you fix things so the Twins play better? Thanks!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Mobile skin is awesome. One thing I'd like different is to be able to navigate throughtout different forums without having to go back to the front page.