Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Is Oliveros Last Remnant of Knoblauch?

Is Oliveros Last Remnant of Knoblauch?

Brett Jacobsen was released the other day, and it got me to thinking about the Chuck Knoblauch trade and how it still lives on in Minnesota.

• Knoblauch was traded to the Yankees for Eric Milton, Brian Buchanan, Cristian Guzman, and Danny Mota.
    • Buchanan was traded to the Padres for Jason Bartlett. Milton was traded to the Phillies for Carlos Silva and Nick Punto. Guzman signed with Washington.
    • Bartlett was traded with Delmon Young and Eduardo Morlan to the Rays for Delmon Young, Brendan Harris, and Jason Pridie. Silva and Punto left as free agents.
    • Young was traded to the Tigers for Lestor Oliveros, who remains in the Twins system. Harris and JJ Hardy were traded to the Orioles for Jim Hoey and Brett Jacobsen.

That leaves Oliveros as the last product of the Knoblauch trade, unless I am missing something... perhaps a draft pick for losing Silva? I don't know.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    False. Young was traded for Oliveros and cole Nelson who is pitching in ft. Myers

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would hope to god that Silva wasn't good enough in the year that we let him go that we received draft pick compensation for him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Brian Duensing was the comp pick the Twins got for losing Christian Guzman.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Brian Duensing was the comp pick the Twins got for losing Christian Guzman.
    This is the one I was wondering about... was Duensing the comp pick, or was Ryan Mullins?

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just a correction, but Bartlett was traded with Matt Garza....

and man that hurt.... I think that ended up hurting more than Santana. At least with Johan, you knew he was gone in a year. Garza could still be here.

Yeah but Garza throws hard and never came over to Anderson's house for jigsaw puzzle day. THAT IS NOT THE TWINS WAY.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    This is the one I was wondering about... was Duensing the comp pick, or was Ryan Mullins?
    It was Duensing, he was actually a 3rd round comp pick as the Nationals were big spenders that offseason. I play the Chuck Knoblauch trade card everytime my mom gets emotional about trade talk involving one of her favorites. The move is still paying. It would be fun to add up the games/innings/WAR the Twins have gotten from everyone who contributed from the Knoblauch trade.

P.S. Don't for get that clutch hitting relief pitcher Bobby Korecky was also obtained in the Milton trade.
    Last edited by nicksaviking; 07-25-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I wish every hot star we traded away collapsed so spectacularly once they left the twins