Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Perkins v Gleeman?

  1. #1
    Owner All-Star John Bonnes's Avatar
    Posts
    2,438
    Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Like
    1
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    241

    Perkins v Gleeman?

    I missed the Twitter exchange between Aaron Gleeman and Glen Perkins last night, but Aaron was kind enough to revisit it on Hard Ball Talk.

    I like that Perkins responded. I like that Aaron insinuated Perkins is a nerd. I like it all.

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,983
    Like
    98
    Liked 384 Times in 199 Posts
    Perkins gave a nice shout out to Battle Your Tail Off when the site was shut down a few weeks ago, he will forever be ok in my book.

  3. #3
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,840
    Like
    10
    Liked 64 Times in 41 Posts
    Aren't bloggers generally the same people who rip mainstream media for being too cushy with the athletes they cover and that it impacts their ability to be impartial in their coverage?

    For the record I don't have a problem with any of it and think its great that someone like Perkins interacts with fans in various ways, I just find it a little funny. I think Perkins is great as well when he is on Reusse and Mackey each week.
    Papers...business papers.

  4. #4
    The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Posts
    1,681
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Like
    6
    Liked 85 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by drjim View Post
    Aren't bloggers generally the same people who rip mainstream media for being too cushy with the athletes they cover and that it impacts their ability to be impartial in their coverage?

    For the record I don't have a problem with any of it and think its great that someone like Perkins interacts with fans in various ways, I just find it a little funny. I think Perkins is great as well when he is on Reusse and Mackey each week.
    Perkins has been excellent this year and last, which is basically the same time frame he's become involved in social media. When he starts becoming a liability and bloggers are still singing his praises, you'll have a point. Right now, you have none.

    For the record, John had no problem saying (very falsely) at one point that Perkins was "not good this year."

  5. #5
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Posts
    584
    Like
    25
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Im looking forward to a Nishioka exchange.

    ブロガーはサック









    Last edited by Highabove; 07-24-2012 at 07:04 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,591
    Like
    18
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Highabove View Post
    Im looking forward to a Nishioka exchange.

    ブロガーはサック

    I'll be looking forward to his wife in Minnesota again...

  7. #7
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,630
    Like
    923
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    I'll be looking forward to his wife in Minnesota again...
    Not if that means he'll be playing in a Twins uniform again.

  8. #8
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Not if that means he'll be playing in a Twins uniform again.
    Since they got divorced last offseason, I doubt we'll be seeing the former Mrs. Nishioka in Minnesota any time soon, unless it is modeling.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,591
    Like
    18
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Since they got divorced last offseason, I doubt we'll be seeing the former Mrs. Nishioka in Minnesota any time soon, unless it is modeling.
    Why do you know that?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Posts
    584
    Like
    25
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Is anyone going to Translate Nishi's first Tweet??? ブロガーはサック

  11. #11
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,599
    Like
    3,670
    Liked 3,159 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    Not if that means he'll be playing in a Twins uniform again.
    Are you absolutely sure that wasn't Mrs Nishioka we saw in a Twins uniform last summer?

  12. #12
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,630
    Like
    923
    Liked 1,282 Times in 686 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Are you absolutely sure that wasn't Mrs Nishioka we saw in a Twins uniform last summer?
    That would explain a whole lot.

  13. #13
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,500
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    67
    Liked 372 Times in 197 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Why do you know that?
    Because I am one, pathetic loser... and it was pretty big news during the offseason.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    322
    Like
    0
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Since they got divorced last offseason, I doubt we'll be seeing the former Mrs. Nishioka in Minnesota any time soon, unless it is modeling.

    Was a tough year for Nishi, eh? Broken leg first week of the season followed by a disappointing return together with things going south in his personal life. All that going on while he was dealing with a new culture, language, etc. Glad to see him playing well since his return from the DL earlier this season.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.