Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Frankie's Final Start?

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 304 Times in 180 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    I would be disappointed in the return for Liriano if all they got was Randall Delgado.
    I haven't seen the kid pitch, but he's 22 with a career k/9 in the minors of 9.47 with a career BB/9 of 3.42. Those peripherals are pretty nice, even though they haven't translated to the big leagues... That seems like some pretty nice cost controlled upside. Woudl we be able to draft better with a compensation pick, because this seems like a pretty nice pickup for the Cubs.

Liked 1,035 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    I haven't seen the kid pitch, but he's 22 with a career k/9 in the minors of 9.47 with a career BB/9 of 3.42. Those peripherals are pretty nice, even though they haven't translated to the big leagues... That seems like some pretty nice cost controlled upside. Woudl we be able to draft better with a compensation pick, because this seems like a pretty nice pickup for the Cubs.
    And all that minor league success came at A ball or lower levels. Since reaching AA he's had less success than Liam Hendricks.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts

Don't kill the massager

Quote Originally Posted by jlovren View Post
    I am not sure but it seems that he throwing a lot more sliders since May. Hmmmm.... more sliders means better pitching. Oh and massages kill grandmas.
    Sorry, had to say it. So hard to find a good masseuse these days. They're all looking for sex!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts

Don't kill the massager

Quote Originally Posted by jlovren View Post
    I am not sure but it seems that he throwing a lot more sliders since May. Hmmmm.... more sliders means better pitching. Oh and massages kill grandmas.
    Don't kill the massager. Sorry, had to say it. So hard to find a good masseuse these days. They're all looking for sex!

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 129 Times in 69 Posts
    10 years of supp. pick by the Twins, 2000-2009 track record is not good!
    Aaron Heilman (didn't sign), Matt Fox, Jay Ranville, Hank Sanchez, Shooter Hunt and Matt Bashore.
    Zero for 6 may be one reason our talent is lacking.
    Better be sure Frankie is worth 12+ mill not sure the pick is worth much.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 304 Times in 180 Posts
    Blog Entries
    and his success has hardly been bad... granted, he was a bit better in the lower minors, to be expected, but he still struk out 8.44/9 in 21 starts at AA and had 10.3/9 in 4 starts in AAA that same year. The ERA wasn't quite there, and his AAA numbers are definitely in SSS territory given that he's had 5 starts there in his career. His HR/9 rate has gone up at each level though his major league line is not that far off from his minor league career line. And he's 22. Most pitchers experience some bumps when they come up. I guess I don't see why this is a bad prospect. Could the Twins find better with a supplemental pick in the first round?

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    I would be disappointed in the return for Liriano if all they got was Randall Delgado.
    Really? Wow. Not me.

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Delgado was #46 prospect this season and #35 last season according to the BA. If the Twins get a 22 year old MLB-ready SP top 50 prospect for Liriano, it would not be bad at all...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 106 Times in 64 Posts
    A Sanchez (plus Infante) fetched, Turner a top 20 prospect.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 743 Times in 415 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would have been really happy with Delgado for Liriano.

Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 106 Times in 64 Posts
    So far, I'm pretty surprised by what teams are willing to give up...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I will be very disappointed if Minnesota doesn't keep Liriano.
    I will be very disappointed if Minnesota keep Liriano. Time to rebuild, he is the big trade chip and there is nothing stopping the Twins from signing him back in the offseason.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    On the other hand, Butera caught Liriano last season and both were awful. In Liriano's best season, Mauer primarily caught him.

Let's not start dishing off credit to undeserving players. Liriano is pitching better because he's throwing harder, not because he has a different catcher.
    Don't say that, we can package Butera along with Frankie and get a top prospect in return.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    that sound you hear is the window of opportunity for trading liriano for anything decent closing. 2.2 IP 7ER and 3HR doesn't inspire confidence in any buyer.

Senior Member All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 340 Times in 193 Posts
    Hopefully this didn't cost us a Delgado/Turner type prospect. Unload him before anyone recognizes the real Frankie again.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
    The way Liriano pitched tonight i would say he wants to remain a Twin.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 593 Times in 320 Posts
    So much for that throwing harder theory. His location is way more key to his success, when's he got his two seamer running low and away it sets up his slider, the rest is gravy.

Groan! The way Frankie's outing went last night, no one will want him. He'll be gone anyway but it would have been sooooo nice to get something for him. UGH!

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Liked 65 Times in 24 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think people are overreacting a little bit to one bad start. GMs don't make any decisions on the basis of one outing.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 593 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    I think people are overreacting a little bit to one bad start. GMs don't make any decisions on the basis of one outing.
    I concur, he gave up the 3 big shots and wasn't locating well to say the least but it wasn't like he had no clue where the strike zone was, unlike earlier in the year. I think he remains interesting considering the needs of some teams and who is still out there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast