Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twins vs Royals, 07-22-2012, 1:10pm

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,528 Times in 799 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins vs Royals, 07-22-2012, 1:10pm

I've decided that since traffic is lower on the weekends, doing the standard game articles is kind of a waste of my time. Instead, I'm just going to put relevant content in the thread itself and skip the article, stats, and images.

Twins:
    Span CF
    Revere RF
    Mauer 1B
    Willingham LF
    Doumit DH
    Dozier SS
    Casilla 2B
    Butera C
    Carroll 3B
    (Deduno P)

Royals:
    Gordon LF
    Escobar SS
    Moustakas 3B
    Butler DH
    Cain CF
    Perez C
    Francoeur RF
    Hosmer 1B
    Getz 2B
    (Guthrie P)

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 452 Times in 221 Posts
    Jeebus, 6-9 is a quite the black hole.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 349 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good to see Span back in the lineup!

Quote Originally Posted by GCTF View Post
    Indeed, the bottom half of the lineup is filled with #9 hitters. But with Morneau and Plouffe both unavailable, options are pretty limited.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GCTF View Post
    Nah, don't worry, we got Deduno pitching today. We're only going to need couple of runs to get a win!

Is Dick retarded with the thermomitre.....easily read UNDER 100 & he keeps harping on it......arrrrghhh
    Funny how they make fun of JGuthries pitching ERA/numbers but dont note how much better of numbers they are than Blackburn

Guthrie on road this year.....3.67ERA in 10gms 8starts 49IP 55h 27k 19bb. Not the worst numbers by far (be an ace here with that), but if COL was willing to just give him away for a pitcher for 2 months.....why wouldnt TR have called??

Guthrie always a Twin killer in 8gm 6starts....4W 1L 2.70ERA 46.2IP 47h 28k 6bb
    always kinda liked him
    Am making a call....Twins sign him as a FA this winter. .264BAA & 4.12ERA (in hitters friendly BALT) before this yr
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 07-22-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Wow, the runner appeared to be safe on that steal attempt....I'll have to see the replay though. Nevertheless, great throw by Butera.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Curt Schilling once said, “"The rotation that makes the most starts wins the division. It's that simple.”

As the 2012 MLB season heads toward the juncture where contenders will separate from pretenders and the clock will inch closer to midnight for a few Cinderella stories, baseball fans will get the chance to see Schilling’s theory play out in the pennant races again.

Specifically, which pitching staffs can make it through the full season both healthy and effective. There’s a good chance that we’ll look back on 2012 and wonder what could have been in Toronto (Morrow, Drabek) if their arms had stayed healthy.

Using numbers from the last sixteen postseason teams, here’s a look at the durability of recent October squads. It could be an indication to which rotations are poised to finish the marathon and who is burning out their bullpen by the minute.

*For the purposes of this study, the top five pitchers were determined by games started for that team. Ideally, every team would love their five best starters to give 30+ starts and 200 innings apiece. The closer to 150+ starts and 1000 IP out of the group, the better the chances at postseason ball seem to be.

Blog Entries
    Oh, it figures - this always happens. I step out of the room for a couple of minutes, and the Twins hit a home run.

anyone made a menudo joke yet? because that's not funny.

Great at bat by Mauer. Starts out 0-2 and ends up with a 9-pitch walk.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestTwinsFan View Post
    Great at bat by Mauer. Starts out 0-2 and ends up with a 9-pitch walk.
    Followed by a horrible at bat by Willingham. Pops up on the first pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Oh, it figures - this always happens. I step out of the room for a couple of minutes, and the Twins hit a home run.
    Go away.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see the Twins bats waking up again.

Blog Entries
    It appears the Butera magic is working again. Deduno is pitching a good game.

That second base umpire is having a pretty rough game.

Blog Entries
    I see an unfortunate trend developing - this is another ballgame where the bullpen has been shaky. I hope this isn't a trend, but I'm wondering if their collective overuse is finally taking its toll.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I see an unfortunate trend developing - this is another ballgame where the bullpen has been shaky. I hope this isn't a trend, but I'm wondering if their collective overuse is finally taking its toll.
    It's possible and who could blame them.....and Perk has just been.... meh! this season...his numbers are solid overall but again today he's tossing up softball type sliders when he has a 95-96 mph fastball...as you saw is pretty good cuz he K'd Moustakas on 3 pitches.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast