Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins asking for a "ton" for Span

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts

Twins asking for a "ton" for Span

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...#disqus_thread

Nice to hear the Twins aren't trading him for a 4th OFer.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Good news, but we all assumed they would.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Span has been playing with his Head up his A## the last few weeks. This cant be helping his trade value.
    Last edited by Highabove; 07-21-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If we don't trade him this deadline I think it is a big mistake. We can't just keep dangling him out there. It has got to be messing with Denard hearing these rumors and could very well hurt his relationship with the organization. Hopefully somebody bites on him and gives us our asking price but I just don't see it.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I get the whole screwing with Denard's mental state angle of this and I hope he can be professional about it. The Twins should be asking for quite a bit and if there is no trade to be had - so be it. I definitely will not have a smile on my face if he is traded... no matter the return.

There is always the offseason and next season, but I think now is probably the best time to trade him.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do think we need to get the wait over and trade him because the rumors appear to be affecting his play, if only a little. We are definately in the position to ask for a lot for Span, because he is a valuable commodity on the trade market and if we are going to part with him we will only do it reluctantly.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 135 Times in 95 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Span has been "exciting" since the All-Star break. He's made more fielding misplays and baserunning misplays in 10 days than he had the entire season. He has sprinkled in some pretty good hitting and a few web gems, so it hasn't all been bad, but he looks like he might be a bit distracted.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    I for one am glad the Twins are "asking for a ton". The Twins hold all the cards. Holding onto Span even potentially helps the Twins because it gives more time to evaluate whether Revere, Hicks or Benson are the answers for CF and the lead off spot. Even if he doesn't move in the next week or so he will still have a similar amount of value this winter or even a year from now. The only downside here that I can see is if he gets moved later rather than sooner the prospects will come later rather than sooner as well.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    A ton of what?

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    A ton of what?
    Bouncy balls and slinkies. They are going to give them away to the first 100 fans at every game. This is the new marketing strategy for the next few months. The product on the field is bad but the Slinky races are oh so fun!!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    A ton of what?
    Relievers. Preferably ones that have veteran presence.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    D'ya think they asking a ton from everyone, or are the Yankees gonna be asked to pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxtung View Post
    I for one am glad the Twins are "asking for a ton". The Twins hold all the cards. Holding onto Span even potentially helps the Twins because it gives more time to evaluate whether Revere, Hicks or Benson are the answers for CF and the lead off spot. Even if he doesn't move in the next week or so he will still have a similar amount of value this winter or even a year from now. The only downside here that I can see is if he gets moved later rather than sooner the prospects will come later rather than sooner as well.
    Revere is obviously the cf of the future. Look at that smile!
    I'll Denard your Span.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Victorino to the Yankees is what I would predict, there.

Starting to believe they wont do anything & give the 'we think we can compete with this team if we just add a piece or 2'

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Starting to believe they wont do anything & give the 'we think we can compete with this team if we just add a piece or 2'
    You been following this team for long? Its going to be excuse after excuse about why they didn't move people.

Just keep in mind that Span isn't the only choice for a team out there. Like Liriano isn't the only starter. And one could argue if both are the best.....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neboo View Post
    Revere is obviously the cf of the future. Look at that smile!
    Now if only MLB would allow the Twins to have a 10th fielder on the field to serve as the designated thrower for Ben Revere and his noodle arm.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Denard Span is back in the Twins' lineup Sunday after exiting Saturday's game due to dizziness.

The dizziness was especially a concern given Span's prior concussion issues, but evidently it's no longer an issue. Span is batting .276/.342/.378 over 86 games with the Twins this season.

Source: Rhett Bollinger on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast