Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Kubel just going off

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts

Kubel just going off

Three more bombs tonight. He's really taken to the BOB or whatever they call it now.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    I expected good things from Kubel since he was moving to the NL and into a prolific hitters park (if he stays healthy). Maybe fangraphs can do another piece on Kubel since they hate him.

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 749 Times in 465 Posts
    Blog Entries
    this was the guy I had hoped they would have kept... Imagine Kubel and Willingham in the order together....

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by diehardtwinsfan View Post
    this was the guy I had hoped they would have kept... Imagine Kubel and Willingham in the order together....
    Imagine Kubel outside of a fantastic hitters park in AZ?

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    Kubel hated hitting at TF. He said he needed to cut down his swing and hit more doubles and try to hit fewer HRs to be successful there.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
    Kubel was the guy doing the majority of the b****ing in the clubhouse the last two years that Target Field was too big. He was not coming back. Even if you do agree that rightfield should be adjusted, that kind of negativity doesn't resolve anything. He wasn't going to come back.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom Boom View Post
    Kubel hated hitting at TF. He said he needed to cut down his swing and hit more doubles and try to hit fewer HRs to be successful there.

Correct, as the next post after yours noted, he was not coming back. Period.

Twins are fortunate the CHISOX didn't land him. Probably passed because he would have had to come back to TField.

Twins need starting over with LH hitters not intimidated by the dimensions. LH hitters who pull the ball. Remember RF is the same distance as the dome. Current MN LH hitters are convinced you cannot hit the ball out.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Twins need starting over with LH hitters not intimidated by the dimensions. LH hitters who pull the ball. Remember RF is the same distance as the dome. Current MN LH hitters are convinced you cannot hit the ball out.
    The dimensions are the same but the dome didn't have a man-made wind tunnel howling down the concourse from Target Center and into right field. In more than a few games I've attended, I've seen the RF flags whipping in from that concourse.

On the other hand, some dead pull lefties have done pretty well in TF, such as Thome. Of course, Jim is built like a lumberjack.