Thread: Article: Burroughs' Fairy Tale Ending

Liked 111 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Burroughs' Fairy Tale Ending

Good comments, but typo in 5th paragraph, wrong name: "Mackey asked Gardenhire about Burroughs..." (not Valencia)

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would hope he is the 25th man (if he is decent or better in ST) instead of either an injured Hughes or AAA Nishioka. Good lord, if the Twins are willing to keep Matt Capps around in part because he is a "good guy," then you would think they would like making this a true feel-good story as well, right?

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    I liked the Burroughs signing from the start, but I am a little concerned that Gardy will use it as a way to bury a player he doesn't seem to like very much in Valencia. And while Danny V has some flaws, I feel like he got scapegoated a fair bit last season. That said, I would vastly prefer to carry Burroughs on the 25 man roster than Butera's useless bat or a 12th pitcher that will throw once every 10 days. This team needs to have LH & RH bats on the bench that can actually hit a little

Liked 111 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    pekingman - Thanks. Ugh. Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlease1 View Post
    This team needs to have LH & RH bats on the bench that can actually hit a little
    What is this? Sounds like some sort of fantasy land.

I like this signing alot also, and for sean I hope it turns out that he makes the 20 man roster. If it comes down between him and luke Hughs,hughs does not have very good baseball sense and his arm leaves alot to be desired, and I think we saw enough of Nishi.

um sorry 25 man roster,oops