Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Capps Back to DL

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Capps Back to DL

Well this signing has worked out like gangbusters.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Another feather in the cap for the pitching coach, the medical staff, and the fatass himself. They could always DFA him and then get Wilson Ramos to sign 4.5 million baseballs that they could sell for $1 each to cover the wasted payroll.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jctwins View Post
    Another feather in the cap for the pitching coach, the medical staff, and the fatass himself. They could always DFA him and then get Wilson Ramos to sign 4.5 million baseballs that they could sell for $1 each to cover the wasted payroll.
    I loled at this.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Is this board really that over Capps? This thread is getting no posts.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jctwins View Post
    Is this board really that over Capps? This thread is getting no posts.
    People are just so used to the Twins making the wrong decisions that it doesn't faze anyone any more.

Capps/Ramos/draft picks/****ty closer...who ****ing cares anymore?

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 606 Times in 338 Posts
    At this point...what haven't we complained about already? It's so frustrating we won't be able to deal this loser in the next week.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    At this point...what haven't we complained about already? It's so frustrating we won't be able to deal this loser in the next week.
    Has beating a dead horse ever slowed down this forum, any distant stepchild of it, or any message board? That's what I don't get. DPJ must be right. So sad.

Well, I guess Capps could wander out of the bullpen and stab Willingham. That's about all he has left to frustrate us with right?

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,218 Times in 487 Posts
    I just want him to finally be gone, I don't care how. Hopefully his shoulder is bad enough that they just DL him for the remainder of the year.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    6 cost controlled years of a good catcher and over 12 million in salary for 121 slightly above average innings.

**** me

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,218 Times in 487 Posts
    That's about all he has left to frustrate us with right?
    He still has that "6 million is a reasonable salary for a proven closer" option that the team could exercise.

*shudder*
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    He still has that "6 million is a reasonable salary for a proven closer" option that the team could exercise.

*shudder*
    Bastard. I just made a cartoon-esque saddy-face reading that.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    When I heard this while I was driving home yesterday I actually yelled out loud words that aren't allowed on this forum. And I hardly ever do that.

Terry Ryan should've been fired the moment he picked up that option. He could've let him walk and picked up a free sandwich pick. Terry thought a 100 loss team needed a closer more than the pick.

Remember when Ryan stated he was going to address the medical staff during his first presser? The great Willingham signing can only buy this clueless GM so much time. Watch him sleep right thru the trade deadline and fail to get prospects for the future.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 352 Times in 175 Posts
    Hypothetical:

Capps is out the rest of the year or the majority of the rest of the year, the Twins aren't going to pick up his option, would you be for them offering him a 1 year/2mil contract for 2013? (keep in mind this would really only be $1.5 million since they would owe him 500k for declining the option anyways)

dont pick up the option for next yr BUT would take him back for around 1.5/2m ONY if he gets the shoulder fixed. Not rehabbed, fixed. He is not to be paid more than Perkins/Burton for next yr.....not one cent if he wants to be back.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Once we pick up his option we'll have an entire calendar year to bitch about him.