Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Athletics, 07/14/2012, 7:10pm

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,134
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    49
    Liked 1,607 Times in 834 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Article: Twins vs. Athletics, 07/14/2012, 7:10pm


  2. #2
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Posts
    658
    Like
    7
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Too bad Plouffe didn't answer Willinghammer's HR's with one or two of his own yesterday.

  3. #3
    Game's at 6:10pm, right?

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,253
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    Reds acquired RHP Todd Redmond from the Braves for SS Paul Janish.

    It's a nice get for Cincinnati, considering how expendable Janish has been since the arrival of young shortstop Zack Cozart. Redmond, 27, had a 3.58 ERA and 96/28 K/BB ratio through 105 2/3 innings this season with the Braves' Triple-A affiliate in Gwinnett, Georgia. He'll presumably join the rotation at Triple-A Louisville.

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,607
    Like
    21
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Yeaaaaaay

  6. #6
    Millone 5.98 era w/.307BAA in 10 road starts this yr......smell a shutout

  7. #7
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,084
    Like
    4,548
    Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Twins seem to be back to their strategy of losing the game in the first inning.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,253
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    According to Jon Morosi of FOX Sports, the Angels have interest in acquiring Francisco Liriano from the Twins.

    The Angels are seeking an upgrade to the back end of their rotation with Jerome Williams and Ervin Santana struggling recently. Liriano is coming off an impressive 15-strikeout performance, is very likely to be moved before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline and would be a nice addition to the Angels' staff. Morosi also notes that the Angels have interest in Twins closer Matt Capps.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    According to Jon Morosi of FOX Sports, the Angels have interest in acquiring Francisco Liriano from the Twins.

    The Angels are seeking an upgrade to the back end of their rotation with Jerome Williams and Ervin Santana struggling recently. Liriano is coming off an impressive 15-strikeout performance, is very likely to be moved before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline and would be a nice addition to the Angels' staff. Morosi also notes that the Angels have interest in Twins closer Matt Capps.
    The question is, who are they offering in return?

  10. #10
    Millone 87.8mph average in his career gives a guy hope in the projection of BJ Hermsen.....just pitches & gets guys out

  11. #11
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,094
    Like
    1,826
    Liked 1,298 Times in 524 Posts
    I think FSN/Dickbert have referenced OBP more times this season than in the previous decade combined.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  12. #12
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,094
    Like
    1,826
    Liked 1,298 Times in 524 Posts
    Don't everybody post at the same time.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  13. #13
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,094
    Like
    1,826
    Liked 1,298 Times in 524 Posts
    The Hammer™
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  14. #14
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,659
    Like
    319
    Liked 515 Times in 203 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    For all of you that are investing your precious time into watching this game - I want to recite a song for you... but with a twist. Some of you might be too young to remember and some of you might be disgusted with my gift of love and joy. Let us go back to 1987 and the movie "Dirty Dancing". There was a song that Patrick Swayze himself wrote for that movie called "She's Like the Wind." I want you all to use that vocal style and mood to play the following song in your head.... are you ready?

    We're gonna win Twins
    We're gonna score
    We're gonna win Twins
    Watch that baseball soar
    Shout out a homerun
    Shout a Hip-Hooray
    Cheer for the Minnesota Twins Today!
    She's like the wind.....

  15. #15
    Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Posts
    1,607
    Like
    21
    Liked 82 Times in 49 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Dead thread.

  16. #16
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,369
    Like
    1,324
    Liked 1,297 Times in 750 Posts
    It's hard to say much about a team that is this bad.

  17. #17
    Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Posts
    4,094
    Like
    1,826
    Liked 1,298 Times in 524 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    It's hard to say much about a team that is this bad.
    Better than the Mariners!
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

  18. #18
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,659
    Like
    319
    Liked 515 Times in 203 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    Dead thread.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zICxh9kKZg

  19. #19
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,084
    Like
    4,548
    Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    For all of you that are investing your precious time into watching this game - I want to recite a song for you... but with a twist. Some of you might be too young to remember and some of you might be disgusted with my gift of love and joy. Let us go back to 1987 and the movie "Dirty Dancing". There was a song that Patrick Swayze himself wrote for that movie called "She's Like the Wind." I want you all to use that vocal style and mood to play the following song in your head.... are you ready?

    We're gonna win Twins
    We're gonna score
    We're gonna win Twins
    Watch that baseball soar
    Shout out a homerun
    Shout a Hip-Hooray
    Cheer for the Minnesota Twins Today!
    She's like the wind.....
    Good one Bark. I am disgusted, but not by your gift.

  20. #20
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,084
    Like
    4,548
    Liked 726 Times in 386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Better than the Mariners!
    Yes, as proven by how the Twins have dominated the Mariners this year, losing two games by scores of 5 to 2 and 7 to 0 and winning one game by a score of 3 to 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.