Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There is no God...

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

There is no God...

...at Midway Stadium in St. Paul this summer as the Twin Cities' scrappy little east side club is hosting an atheist night. It's clever and all but it is a bit sacrilegious to the one true deity, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 19 Times in 5 Posts
    "A night of unbelievable fun" Well played...

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 531 Times in 352 Posts
    Fascinating, I was just looking up how to become ordained into the FSM church, so I could officiate some friends' wedding.
    Lighten up Francis....

Saints general manger Derek Sharrer said, "The one thing I can assure you is that it will be all in good fun. This isn't about mocking or ridiculing any one belief. This is about presenting the beliefs of this group of folks in a way that can be fun and entertaining."

I'm sorry, but I have no faith that atheists can avoid ridiculing other people's beliefs. Can't wait to see what they do (besides naming them the Aints for one game...pathetically unoriginal.) I fear it will be about mocking and ridiculing everyone's beliefs.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 463 Times in 176 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have no faith that atheists can avoid ridiculing other people's beliefs. Can't wait to see what they do (besides naming them the Aints for one game...pathetically unoriginal.) I fear it will be about mocking and ridiculing everyone's beliefs.
    Hey, hold on a second. Everyone loves mythology. Right?

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I personally think this goes too far. If they're going to do this, then I'd like to see a Christian Night (where my Christian beliefs are actively promoted; not just church groups attending) and a Jewish Night and a Muslim Night and a Hindu Night.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,221 Times in 488 Posts
    I vote for a Pagan Night.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Hey, hold on a second. Everyone loves mythology. Right?
    Please elaborate.

Blog Entries
    This thread makes me want to smoke some ganja and take some shrooms.... awesome... and thanks!

Liked 688 Times in 360 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    This thread makes me want to smoke some ganja and take some shrooms.... awesome... and thanks!
    After today's game, I need to join you.

Blog Entries
    Please elaborate.
    Hello Mr. Powerwrap. I am sure religion has had it's benefit for some and maybe they have executed it in way that is useful to mankind. The stories of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are just as I said - stories. Not much different than a Spiderman Comic Book, a Sweet Valley High Short Novel, or reading the Onion News. Mythology can be fun and it can also be a detriment. I have people in my family and people who are distantly close to me who promote the ideas of being saved, spreading the message, and all of the other junk I do not care to mention while being morally flawed and without charity. The ancient Greeks worship many Gods, of these we mostly use the term mythology. All of these grandiose stories are basically the same and Blind Faith is intellectual suicide. Of this I cannot subscribe....

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 191 Times in 117 Posts
    -sigh- Can we talk about politics next?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    -sigh- Can we talk about politics next?
    Sure - you start it....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    After today's game, I need to join you.
    Anytime... but tonights game has to be way more stomachable than last nights - July 13 (last night) was the true atrocity.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    I vote for a Pagan Night.
    The Mets traded him to the Giants last offseason.
    And got to love his full name btw. Angel Pagan or Pagan Angel. But not a Drunken Angel
    Last edited by Thrylos; 07-14-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    The Mets traded him to the Giants last offseason.
    And got to love his full name btw. Angel Pagan or Pagan Angel. But not a Drunken Angel
    Nice

While I find the idea of organized atheism a little silly, you could probably stand to chill out.

I think our message here and our brand of entertainment has always been one that’s been inclusive,” Saints GM Derek Sharrer told FOX Sports North. “When we were approached by the Minnesota Atheists, we felt like it was within our nature to be inclusive and certainly work with them to provide them the opportunity to provide their message in the same way that we have worked with hundreds and hundreds of faith-based groups over our 20 years here in St. Paul.”
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-the-ballpark/

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    While I find the idea of organized atheism a little silly, you could probably stand to chill out.
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do. I really can't see how they can celebrate the idea that there is no God and anyone that believes in one is stupid.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they do. I really can't see how they can celebrate the idea that there is no God and anyone that believes in one is stupid.
    I don't think it is because they think it is better that there is no god, but rather that it is true that there is no god and whether that makes them happy or not is irrelevant.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 608 Times in 339 Posts
    No really, you need to lighten up. If you can't, then it's people with no sense of humor like yourself that I hope they do make fun of a little bit.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast