Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Surprise!!!! Danny Valencia isn't happy at AAA

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts

Surprise!!!! Danny Valencia isn't happy at AAA

According to this article (an Interview with Chris Perez), Danny Valencia isn't happy in the minors. He doesn't go as far as to say that he should be in the majors though.

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_2...end?source=rss

Enjoy!
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I thought the article title was fairly misleading compared to the article itself and the context of how that was said. Was basically a "he'd rather be with the big league club than with the AAA club." Wouldn't everyone?

Span_Two_2.JPG

One of my avatars...
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Good link to a Twins related article, but the title was more inflamable than the comments. Without even directly quoting Valencia, John Shipley tells us through Chirs Perez, that Valencia isn't happy in AAA. You don't say Shipley, most people are thrilled with a demotion after holding a higher seat for two years.

The only dramatic thing about the article is that Perez can't name Trevor Plouffe. Get to know him! He's coming!

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksaviking View Post
    Good link to a Twins related article, but the title was more inflamable than the comments. Without even directly quoting Valencia, John Shipley tells us through Chirs Perez, that Valencia isn't happy in AAA. You don't say Shipley, most people are thrilled with a demotion after holding a higher seat for two years.

The only dramatic thing about the article is that Perez can't name Trevor Plouffe. Get to know him! He's coming!
    When I read the title, I expected to read some tweets from Danny or quotes from him directly. That isn't the case at all. Danny (through Perez) didn't say anything that was inflammatory towards the team or their decision to move him to AAA. The article title is somewhat misleading (and I admit, the title of the thread is probably not helping either).

I thought the fact that Chris Perez didn't know Plouffe's name was pretty amusing. But, it also shouldn't be a big surprise if you've read any other quotes from Chris Perez.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    According to this article (an Interview with Chris Perez), Danny Valencia isn't happy in the minors. He doesn't go as far as to say that he should be in the majors though.

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_2...end?source=rss

Enjoy!
    If he never sucked so bad he never would have sent down in the first place. Whether he just got lazy or didn't put in the work to maintain his job only he knows that for sure.

I also think he might have a little trouble reclaiming 3rd base now when Plouffe has been one of the biggest surprises in the Majors with his play in the last couple of months.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darin617 View Post
    Whether he just got lazy or didn't put in the work to maintain his job only he knows that for sure..
    Those are not the only options.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Put me on board with those saying that that title wasn't really representative of the article. Perez didn't say anything. I woudln't want Valencia to be really happy in AAA after spending the previous two seasons up in the big leagues. Perez's comments after the "He's not happy" part are more important to me. He's working. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Put me on board with those saying that that title wasn't really representative of the article. Perez didn't say anything. I woudln't want Valencia to be really happy in AAA after spending the previous two seasons up in the big leagues. Perez's comments after the "He's not happy" part are more important to me. He's working. Etc.
    Diddo... let's just chalk this up to bad journalism, and another example of the 24/7 news world we live in where some reporters think they have to have a new break story every time you turn around.

Overall I would agree though that the part that I mostly cared about what was Perez had to say about Valencia's efforts to get better.

Tough spot for Valencia - tough game in general. I hope he gets another chance, although it doesn't seem likely that it'll be in Minnesota.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a completely vapid article. I'm not sure what was worse: Shipley for writing and submitting it, PP for publishing it, or the editor that came up with the misleading headline. Bad form all around.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 157 Times in 93 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3 points:

1) I thought the story itself was fine. It started by showing the contrasting arc of the two careers and then provided a balanced summation of where both are now. I really like the word balanced in that sentence. The story was balanced.

2) The headline may have meant to just be factual, but comes across as inflammatory. It's a poor choice. Maybe something like 'Danny Valencia "frustrated" but "doing his work" says friend Chris Perez.'

3) I'd be a lot more worried if Perez says he WAS happy there.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    3 points:

1) I thought the story itself was fine. It started by showing the contrasting arc of the two careers and then provided a balanced summation of where both are now. I really like the word balanced in that sentence. The story was balanced.

2) The headline may have meant to just be factual, but comes across as inflammatory. It's a poor choice. Maybe something like 'Danny Valencia "frustrated" but "doing his work" says friend Chris Perez.'

3) I'd be a lot more worried if Perez says he WAS happy there.
    Balanced? Because he wrote that Perez has converted 24 out of 26 saves? This is an excuse to publish secondhand quotes about Valencia. Valencia has no phone? The only "new" information is that Valencia is, according to secondhand reports by someone not in Rochester, working his butt off and his head is in a good place. Wow, thanks. Valencia wouldn't confirm that?

Important? No. Still, journalism standards at PP should be higher. This is gossip.