Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The Pohlad's and the Cry for Them to Spend More Money

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So the final analysis of this thread is that it is the Pohlads team, with maybe a few other people involved, the Team is run as a business by the owners, The Team spends about 50% of it's revenue on payroll, in order to spend more the team has to go beyond team money to sign a big name free agent with that has risk attached to the spend due to injury and performance drop, that this money would come from the Pohlad family who are very rich, that the Tax payers spent a lot of money on the beautiful state of the art stadium which is a major source of civic pride that the millionaire players play in and the billionaire owner gets revenue from in the form of 8 dollar beers and some cuban sandwiches, that people who have no financial interest in the teams performance on the balance sheet thinks they should spend more money on said risky free agents in order to make them feel better about spending a couple hundred $$$ to attend a game with a family of four, and if they don't they will not suppport the team with their money unless of course the team starts winning through some miracle and the beautiful park becomes full of rubes dropping their cash on the Bud and Steak Sandwiches. And did I mention that the Pohlads are rich and the Tax payers of Minnesota paid for the stadium? Does that cover it? Well I didn't know any of that before. Thanks guys.

Actually I should have read Powrwraps original post and just stopped. But it sucked me in like a bad performance on American Idol or a Nick Blackburn start, so bad you just can't take your eyes off it even though you no the ending. I have learned my lesson and will not do this again I hope, but I am weak.
    Last edited by MWLFan; 07-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWLFan View Post
    that people who have no financial interest in the teams performance on the balance sheet thinks they should spend more money on said risky free agents in order to make them feel better about spending a couple hundred $$$ to attend a game with a family of four
    Very nice.

Does that cover it?
    Almost. An important point is that the Pohlads are not like other sports team owners such as Mike Illitch, the Steinbrenners, Mark Cuban (and others) that consider their teams a hobby rather than a business and thus make emotional rather than sound business decisions when it comes to spending money.

Actually I should have read Powrwraps original post and just stopped. But it sucked me in like a bad performance on American Idol or a Nick Blackburn start, so bad you just can't take your eyes off it even though you no the ending. I have learned my lesson and will not do this again I hope, but I am weak.
    Resistance is futile! You will become like us!
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345