Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Twins vs. Rangers, 07/07/2012, 6:15pm

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    He would if they would keep him in MN long enough to do it. Just like any player, you have to let them get comfortable.

He has 11 or 12 starts..that's a pretty good chance and has no wins...he has'nt pitched well up here for whatever reason. He'll get another shot and I think when/if he finally gets that 1st win more will come he just has to trust his stuff at the ML level as much as at AAA, or maybe he isn't good enough to stick with the Twins..we'll see. I hope he does cuz we need starters obviously.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ouch Justin!....just pretend they're all RHP..

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf69 View Post
    He has 11 or 12 starts..that's a pretty good chance and has no wins...he has'nt pitched well up here for whatever reason. He'll get another shot and I think when/if he finally gets that 1st win more will come he just has to trust his stuff at the ML level as much as at AAA, or maybe he isn't good enough to stick with the Twins..we'll see. I hope he does cuz we need starters obviously.
    First, he has 8 starts. Not to really split hairs, but 3 weeks then demotion followed by 3 weeks and a demotion is hardly giving him a chance. Plus, wins are hardly a gauge for a starting pitcher. He needs time to work through his lumps. I don't get why the Twins are so terrible with young players and expect them to produce right away or ship them back to Rochester.

How many times can commentator Mitch Williams be wrong?
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    First, he has 8 starts. Not to really split hairs, but 3 weeks then demotion followed by 3 weeks and a demotion is hardly giving him a chance. Plus, wins are hardly a gauge for a starting pitcher. He needs time to work through his lumps. I don't get why the Twins are so terrible with young players and expect them to produce right away or ship them back to Rochester.
    You mean, like Dozier?

Seriously, I can understand why the Twins did it in May - at that point they weren't ready to write off the season. If somebody stumbles out of the gate, you do what you have to to get back in the race before it's over.

I can see the argument that perhaps they pulled the plug too quickly after the second stint - he wasn't quite as bad as that first run, and by then we knew the season was well and truly over.
    Last edited by IdahoPilgrim; 07-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    He stinks the place up.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by powrwrap View Post
    How many times can commentator Mitch Williams be wrong?
    I don't mind him as a commentator on the MLB network, but I'm not a fan of his color commentary during a game broadcast.
    Last edited by minn55441; 07-07-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 81 Times in 48 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    You mean, like Dozier?

Seriously, I can understand why the Twins did it in May - at that point they weren't ready to write off the season. If somebody stumbles out of the gate, you do what you have to to get back in the race before it's over.

I can see the argument that perhaps they pulled the plug too quickly after the second stint - he wasn't quite as bad as that first run, and by then we knew the season was well and truly over.
    Dozier has been an exception this year. I think its the right decision to keep him up though.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    And they can't afford the 7M for Nate.

Kinsler is having a tough night, in the field and at the plate.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 379 Times in 233 Posts
    If you didn't know the color guy was Mitch Williams, you'd think it was the Rangers PR guy. It's almost like he expected Bremer to call the game partial for the Twins so he felt obligated to take the Rangers side.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,297 Times in 523 Posts
    Not the most impressive display there by Willingham.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

You win some, you lose some. We got a good start out of Deduno. Play another one tomorrow.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Another day another lose for Gardy.

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They did not carry the game on Extra Innings today, but what I am reading here gives me hope that Deduno may develop into a solid starter.

I wonder if we'll see Diamond for an inning tomorrow? The earliest he can pitch is next Friday, which is eight days between starts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234