Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Parmelee Down, Sam Deduno up

  1. #1
    Senior Member Double-A Musk21's Avatar
    Posts
    120
    Like
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Parmelee Down, Sam Deduno up

    per Rhett Bollinger....Deduno to start Saturday vs TEX.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

  2. #2
    With the extra days off for the All-Star break, hopefully the Twins will see fit to send Dozier, Deduno, DeVries, Fein, Waldrop, Robertson and anyone else back down to Rochester to get playing time, elevating a few folks back up here for a week like Valencia Guerra and Toshi, before sending them back down again. Let's really play the musical chair game and see folks before the trading begins.

  3. #3
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,537
    Like
    83
    Liked 132 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    25
    The pitchers and Dozier could all use time off. I'm glad to see Deduno get a shot. It would be wonderful if he could develop into an effective option (like Diamond). Give everybody that shows something a chance!
    Last edited by stringer bell; 07-05-2012 at 05:36 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,420
    Like
    63
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    They send Parmelee down. He starts swinging a hot bat. They recall him. He sits on the bench. I look forward to seeing history repeat itself.

  5. #5
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    5,924
    Like
    41
    Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Excited to see Deduno throw. He's pitched very well for the Red Wings since his return from injury! Might as well give him a shot... (but good luck against the Rangers! Yikes!) Parmelee needed to play. Like Bark's said above, I hope we don't see this trend again!

  6. #6
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,537
    Like
    83
    Liked 132 Times in 92 Posts
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    They send Parmelee down. He starts swinging a hot bat. They recall him. He sits on the bench. I look forward to seeing history repeat itself.
    Since May 26, Parm has hit more homers than Morneau. 2-1.

    Morneau continues to totally frustrate me. He hasn't hit lefties at all, and except for a couple of stretches, hasn't been a productive RBI guy.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Posts
    656
    Like
    7
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    While Morneau hasn't been showing any problems with concussion symptoms, the fact that he has been out of baseball for about a year and a half (not counting the stretch last year when he returned and then was shut down almost immediately) might be messing with his timing and he might be going through the slumps that power hitters like him sometimes go through.

  8. #8
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    With the extra days off for the All-Star break, hopefully the Twins will see fit to send Dozier, Deduno, DeVries, Fein, Waldrop, Robertson and anyone else back down to Rochester to get playing time, elevating a few folks back up here for a week like Valencia Guerra and Toshi, before sending them back down again. Let's really play the musical chair game and see folks before the trading begins.
    FWIW, Deduno is out of options.

  9. #9
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    While Morneau hasn't been showing any problems with concussion symptoms, the fact that he has been out of baseball for about a year and a half (not counting the stretch last year when he returned and then was shut down almost immediately) might be messing with his timing and he might be going through the slumps that power hitters like him sometimes go through.
    It might not just be messing with his timing. His timing might be gone for good. Sometimes, especially after you turn 30, you don't bounce back. My greatest fear? It takes a full year plus to regain his timing, and we see the old Morneau return late next summer - just when his contract is about to expire. Then you have the problem of what do you do with him. Sign him to another big money contract? Let him be a free agent?

  10. #10
    Anyone care to provide some history/insight into Deduno? I think the first I remember him being in the organization was this past Spring(?) and IIRC he pitched pretty well, but I don't know anything beyond that. Whatever help offered is appreciated!

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Nygaard View Post
    FWIW, Deduno is out of options.
    That makes this kind of interesting. It means he either stays in Minnesota the rest of the season, or they have to DFA him and have him clear waivers before he can be sent back.

  12. #12
    I'm excited to see this guy throw, its worth a shot!

  13. #13
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,509
    Like
    2,333
    Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever54 View Post
    Anyone care to provide some history/insight into Deduno? I think the first I remember him being in the organization was this past Spring(?) and IIRC he pitched pretty well, but I don't know anything beyond that. Whatever help offered is appreciated!
    Here is a link to Deduno's career stats: http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=465679

    As you can see, he just had his 29th birthday, so he is not a young prospect. And he gives up a lot of walks, but also gets strikeouts and does not seem to give up a lot of home runs.

    I like this move -- Deduno will either make it or not If he makes it, then he can competently fill a rotation spot. If he does not make it, then he will help the Twins get a better draft pick next year. I see possible upside and almost no downside to giving Deduno a chance.

  14. #14
    Senior Member All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Posts
    1,759
    Like
    137
    Liked 109 Times in 66 Posts
    We'd all like to believe Parmelee has a bright future, but he wasn't going to play over Doumit/Morneau/Willingham/Mauer, so it makes complete sense to send the guy down to get at bats. The Twins have been oddly healthy on the offensive side of the ball the season, but of course that's undone by the absurd injuries and ineffectiveness of the pitching staff.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    383
    Like
    2
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    If Span or Revere are traded, Parmelee will be back and in right field.

  16. #16
    Talk about messing with a guys head... He hits two home runs in about a week, one against arguably the best pitcher in baseball and we wave bye bye. As much as I love D-Span, and as a fan really don't want to see him get traded. We may need to do something to open up a position for Parm. Parm is a solid hitter that needs to be playing everyday to keep refining his skills. Hopefully we trade Span by the deadline, have Chris play in AAA until then, and after the trade call him back up and give him a shot like Plouffey got to just play everyday somewhere.

  17. #17
    Regarding to all this roster moves, Blackburn is not listed in the 40-man roster, and in the Rochester roster is listed as "reserve". Anybody knows what it means? Is he definitely out of the 40-man?

  18. #18
    Twins Daily Writer All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Posts
    1,635
    Like
    0
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
    Blog Entries
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by adjacent View Post
    Regarding to all this roster moves, Blackburn is not listed in the 40-man roster, and in the Rochester roster is listed as "reserve". Anybody knows what it means? Is he definitely out of the 40-man?
    I noticed that too. Blackburn was definitely optioned, so he is still on the 40-man. My guess is that he hasn't repoted to Rochester yet, so that's why he's listed as "reserve".

  19. #19
    Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Posts
    542
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    401
    Parmelee sitting on the bench was starting to be ridiculous. Glad he will get to play somewhere. But there doesn't seem to be a spot for him to play on the Twins this season unless someone gets hurt.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Christie View Post
    Parmelee sitting on the bench was starting to be ridiculous. Glad he will get to play somewhere. But there doesn't seem to be a spot for him to play on the Twins this season unless someone gets hurt.
    He will have a spot come the trade deadline. TR is shopping Span for starters... he is really our only option to trade that has value (and he is willing to move). I have seen lately more and more coming out that the Twins are likely to hold onto Willingham, and the only other trade options that may have any good value right now are basically Span and possibly Capps if he can recover well from his recent injury. Only time will tell, but I think sooner than later you will see Parm up again playing everyday in RF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.