Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Article: Twins vs. Tigers, 07/04/2012, 6:05pm

  1. #1
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,730
    Like
    33
    Liked 804 Times in 436 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Article: Twins vs. Tigers, 07/04/2012, 6:05pm


  2. #2
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    156
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Were gonna need some really good pitching from duensing tonight, DET is pretty well staggered lefty righty and hes been knocked around a little by right handers. On the plus he has been very good at keeping the ball in the park. I think if we can get verlander out of the game by the 7th that will be our best shot at getting to detroits battered bullpen and scoring a couple runs.

  3. #3
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,579
    Like
    89
    Liked 140 Times in 100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by asmus_ndsu View Post
    Were gonna need some really good pitching from duensing tonight, DET is pretty well staggered lefty righty and hes been knocked around a little by right handers. On the plus he has been very good at keeping the ball in the park. I think if we can get verlander out of the game by the 7th that will be our best shot at getting to detroits battered bullpen and scoring a couple runs.
    optimist.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    optimist.
    You say "optimist." as if it is derogatory thing. What's wrong with being an optimist?

  5. #5
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,579
    Like
    89
    Liked 140 Times in 100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Nothing wrong with being an optimist, but the Twins are facing the defending Cy Young winner, who has put up All-Star numbers this year, as well. Duensing hasn't gotten to the fifth yet and Verlander hasn't failed to get through 6 since 2010 IIRC.

  6. #6
    Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Posts
    2,579
    Like
    89
    Liked 140 Times in 100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Morneau and Dozier out of the lineup tonight. Casilla and Parmelee in, last chance for Parm to impress before a trip to Rochester?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Nothing wrong with being an optimist, but the Twins are facing the defending Cy Young winner, who has put up All-Star numbers this year, as well. Duensing hasn't gotten to the fifth yet and Verlander hasn't failed to get through 6 since 2010 IIRC.
    And Verlander is going up against the best offense in July thus far and one of the best offenses in the majors in June, so I don't see any reason that we can't be optimists. Plus, using inductive reasoning is inherently problematic with predicting outcomes even though everyone does it with baseball anyway. See Trevor Plouffe.

  8. #8
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,159
    Like
    379
    Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pjnelly View Post
    And Verlander is going up against the best offense in July thus far and one of the best offenses in the majors in June, so I don't see any reason that we can't be optimists. Plus, using inductive reasoning is inherently problematic with predicting outcomes even though everyone does it with baseball anyway. See Trevor Plouffe.
    The difference here is stringerbell is parsimoniously applying Occam's Razor and you are applying inductive reasoning according to Jim Carrey ("So you're telling me there's a chance?")

    But of course, that would make a Twins win all the sweeter....

  9. #9
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    7,029
    Like
    1,084
    Liked 1,291 Times in 772 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    > What do you expect from Duensing tonight as he makes his third start?

    Big game for Delmon against his former team?

  10. #10
    Senior Member MVP
    Posts
    5,159
    Like
    379
    Liked 344 Times in 229 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Morneau and Dozier out of the lineup tonight. Casilla and Parmelee in, last chance for Parm to impress before a trip to Rochester?
    Could be one of the last chances for Casilla to impress another team. If I were Detroit, I'd trade for Casilla in a heartbeat. Santiago and Raburn are absolute butchers in the MI and Peralta is pedestrian at SS, by comparison, on the defensive side, Casilla would look like Joe Morgan. It's not a news flash to anyone how awful the Tigers are in the field. Could the Twins get a trade as least as good as Young/Oliveros-Nelson?

  11. #11
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,515
    Like
    2,364
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Even Verlander is capable of having a bad game. Let's hope that happens tonight.

  12. #12
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Anybody have the lineup yet?

  13. #13
    Super Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    5,444
    Like
    1,575
    Liked 1,215 Times in 552 Posts
    Rain delay again.

  14. #14
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,484
    Like
    100
    Liked 129 Times in 60 Posts
    TWINS (35-45)
    1. Denard Span, CF
    2. Ben Revere, RF
    3. Joe Mauer, C
    4. Josh Willingham, LF
    5. Chris Parmelee, 1B
    6. Trevor Plouffe, 3B
    7. Ryan Doumit, DH
    8. Jamey Carroll, SS
    9. Alexi Casilla, 2B
    Starting pitcher: LH Brian Duensing (1-4, 4.10 ERA)
    TIGERS (39-42)
    1. Austin Jackson, CF
    2. Ryan Raburn, LF
    3. Miguel Cabrera, 3B
    4. Prince Fielder, 1B
    5. Delmon Young, DH
    6. Jhonny Peralta, SS
    7. Brennan Boesch, RF
    8. Alex Avila, C
    9. Ramon Santiago, 2B
    Starting pitcher: RH Justin Verlander (8-5, 2.69 ERA)
    There isn't enough defense on the planet to justify giving 500+ PA to a guy who can barely OPS .600.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    5,444
    Like
    1,575
    Liked 1,215 Times in 552 Posts
    BTW, happy 4th of July to everyone!

  16. #16
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,515
    Like
    2,364
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    BTW, happy 4th of July to everyone!
    Thanks, Chief. And to you as well.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    156
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Even Verlander is capable of having a bad game. Let's hope that happens tonight.
    He Gave up 3 HRs last outing to the rays... So hopefully thats not his 1 bad game

  18. #18
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,515
    Like
    2,364
    Liked 298 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by asmus_ndsu View Post
    He Gave up 3 HRs last outing to the rays... So hopefully thats not his 1 bad game
    I am hoping that's the prelude to a really bad game tonight, if it ever stops raining.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    156
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    I am hoping that's the prelude to a really bad game tonight, if it ever stops raining.
    When they cut to the field on fsn it doesnt really look like its raining

  20. #20
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Posts
    512
    Like
    13
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCTF View Post
    TWINS (35-45)
    1. Denard Span, CF
    2. Ben Revere, RF
    3. Joe Mauer, C
    4. Josh Willingham, LF
    5. Chris Parmelee, 1B
    6. Trevor Plouffe, 3B
    7. Ryan Doumit, DH
    8. Jamey Carroll, SS
    9. Alexi Casilla, 2B
    I like our lineup tonight. I think we are a better fielding team with Casilla and Carroll for the time being.

    Interesting that Gardy has no problem with 3 lefties at the top of the lineup, but insists on going righty, lefty, righty with Josh, Parmelee and Plouffe. I thought this would be a great chance to move plouffe to the 5 spot. Without messing with Justin's head.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.