Thread: Article: Twins vs. Tigers, 07/04/2012, 6:05pm

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    At least if they have fireworks after the game yknow it will be dark enough

Liked 722 Times in 383 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    I like our lineup tonight. I think we are a better fielding team with Casilla and Carroll for the time being.

Interesting that Gardy has no problem with 3 lefties at the top of the lineup, but insists on going righty, lefty, righty with Josh, Parmelee and Plouffe. I thought this would be a great chance to move plouffe to the 5 spot. Without messing with Justin's head.
    You make a good point. Maybe there is a reluctance to do make any change that might affect Plouffe's hot streak.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Am i off here or does plouffe remind anyone else of Bautista after he joined toronto? This Hot streak is going on a little longer than just a streak (even though i expect him to cool down just a bit eventually)

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    You make a good point. Maybe there is a reluctance to do make any change that might affect Plouffe's hot streak.
    I think Plouffe begins to press with men on base, as is indicated by his number of solo homeruns. I think he tends to relax with the bases empty. Just my opinion, but I don't think things would change much in the 5th vs the 6th spot.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Looks like the rain may be past within the next hour, too late or wet to still play?

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Anyone still here?

1-2-3 top of the first.

Do the Tigers have a rule that you have to be obese to play for them?

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I still don't understand why Duensing was converted back into a starter. If someone says "out of necessity" they are uttering nonsense. Duensing was great in his role. Even a joker like Swarzak is better as a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    I still don't understand why Duensing was converted back into a starter. If someone says "out of necessity" they are uttering nonsense. Duensing was great in his role. Even a joker like Swarzak is better as a starter.
    I was just thinking the same thing. He is essentially batting practice for right-handed hitters, and he has proven time and again that he is much better suited for the bullpen.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They tried Swarzak at the start of the season. He's ineffective as a starter, when teams know he's going to pitch and can prepare for him. He doesn't make the adjustments necessary to go through a lineup 3 times. He's most effective when he comes in in long relief and pitches 2-3 innings, going through the order once. If you don't want Duensing, fine, but then you need somebody else.

Blog Entries
    WHY isn't this guy playing more? Good shot, Parmelee!

Parmalee tattoos one to the next county, and the Twins are on the board. Verlander's reaction was priceless.

Blog Entries
    Oh, that doesn't look good. Duensing down and probably out.

That looked painful. Great play by Mauer though.

Blog Entries
    Man, we just can't get a starter past the 5th inning in this series. At least he was pitching well before he went down.

Hopefully Butera is ready to pitch an inning or two tonight.

Blog Entries
    Either Waldrop is afraid of the batters or he didn't take enough time warming up. He's nowhere near the strike zone.

Liked 3,170 Times in 1,357 Posts
    The long Twins nightmare that is Alexi Casilla cannot end soon enough for my taste.

I can't figure out why Cabrera doesn't get plunked more often.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 540 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries

Duensing as a starter

Duensing had pretty good success as a starter until last year, when he was brutal against RH batters. He was better vs. RHers out of the 'pen this year and it really is too soon to tell if that will carry over as a starter.

Certainly tonight, he well could have held the Tigers scoreless if either they had turned the easy DP or if Span had not misplayed Prince's Texas Leaguer.

Let's hope he isn't out longterm with the leg injury.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast