Thread: Down to Earth?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Down to Earth?

Since leaving Milwaukee, Plouffe is 8 for 37 with one home run and 13 Ks in ten games. Triple slash .216/.237/.324 for .561 OPS.

I know, that is an SSS (small sample size), the season is long and there are many ups and downs. Still... which Plouffe do we see going forward? A streaky one?

Liked 658 Times in 425 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A snap back was probably a given. I'm actually encouraged by the slash line you provide. It was so much worse prior to his hot streak. If that's what his cold streak now looks like... I can live with that. Much improved in my opinion.

Plouffe in his own right is a hard player to predict as he's become a different player in the last 3 yrs vs. his first 4.
    He has been pretty streaky in his HR phase of his minor league career, but I have no problem with him right now.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 739 Times in 413 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is the real test of Trevor Plouffe. He referenced the past two weeks being "slider mania". Pitchers are adjusting. Now we'll see if Trevor can adjust to their adjustment to the adjustment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketpig View Post
    This is the real test of Trevor Plouffe. He referenced the past two weeks being "slider mania". Pitchers are adjusting. Now we'll see if Trevor can adjust to their adjustment to the adjustment.
    If Plouffe adjusts to the adjustment of the adjustment... Check Mate. 3b will be one less thing to worry about.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    If Plouffe adjusts to the adjustment of the adjustment... Check Mate. 3b will be one less thing to worry about.
    What about when pitchers adjust to the adjustment to the adjustment of the adjustment?!
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    What about when pitchers adjust to the adjustment to the adjustment of the adjustment?!
    lol... they will be out of moves and will just say screw it and groove one.

Member Single-A
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Adjustception