Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Twolves making strong push for Gasol

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts

Twolves making strong push for Gasol

Per Fox Sports homepage. Wolves are trying to offer D Williams. You have got to be kidding me. What is wrong with this franchise?

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    I think it's brilliant. I mean, yeah, we have glaring holes at the 2 and 3 spots, but why not get a 33 year old who's best position is the 4? It's not like we have a ton of talent at the 4 right?

In all seriousness, all the positive momentum this team has built with me could be crushed in one move if they do this. If you're going to move Williams at least target Iguodala or someone like that where we actually have a need at the position. This makes no friggin sense.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-29-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Iguodala did just sell his house in Philly today and the Sixers drafted a SF.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 385 Times in 200 Posts
    This move would make zero sense. Why not just sign Mayo and trade for a 3?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer FrodaddyG's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If they want someone to hang with Rubio and speak Spanish, I'm willing to do it for a fraction of the $19M a year Gasol makes.

Love
    Gasol
    Pek
    Rubio
    Budinger
    Barea
    Ridnour
    Hummell

Only 4 roster spots left and the Wolves are pure!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 63 Times in 40 Posts
    So the Twins and the T-pups are racist? Unreal.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I know Gasol's age is a big deal, but if they think he can give you 2 good years I say do it. Williams is just going to be a guy in this league Gasol will give us one of the best front lines in the league. Then we easily get a good 2 guard to come here either as a free agent or in one of those silly trades that happen in the NBA. So in a lot of ways the trade ends up being Williams for the guard with the bonus of Gasol. Everyone says but then you lose to OKC if your lucky enough to ever face them in the playoffs, so basically the reason not to do this is because instead of not winning a championship they won't win a championship? This is there best chance ever, what did all the years with Garnett prior to sprewell get them? 52 wins here and 49 wins there is meaningless. Durant will be the favorite, but with Love Gasol and Peckovik along with Rubio and hopefully a Sprewell level guard it's not going to be very easy. I know I wasn't imagining this team being elite 3 or 4 years down the road. Go for it all now, and worry about it later, guys don't stay young for long. Either way we will be on the downslide sooner then we think.

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 663 Times in 374 Posts
    On the plus side....they're meeting with, and hopefully offering a contract to, Nick Batum.

He would be absolutely perfect for this team. Great wing defender with great size who can knock down shots.